Alamy, could you speed up your QC process a bit during weekends, please? (Title edited to avoid further criticism)

35 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Taking the op's caption, let see what we can do:

Augustas Serapinas, Chair for the Invigilator - light blue, 2019, sculptural installation, Arsenale exhibition, 58th Venice Art Biennale 2019

Exhibition --->  \e1\ Arsenale exhibition   \e2\   etc

Venue --->  \v1\ = 58th Venice Art Biennale 2019

Artist --->   \a1\ = Augustas Serapinas  \a2\ = Cathy Wilkes   \a3\   etc

Work --->   \w1\ = Chair for the Invigilator - light blue, 2019   \w2\  feather up a duck's backside II   \w3\    etc

Type --->   \t1\ = sculptural installation   \t2\ = painting   \t3\ = watercolour   etc

So using the correct news format:

{city}, {country}. \{day}\ {iptcmonthname3}, {iptcyear4}. \v1\. \e1\. \a1\, \w1\, \t1\.

Gives me:

Venice, Italy. 20th May, 2019. 58th Venice Art Biennale 2019. Arsenale exhibition. Augustas Serapinas, Chair for the Invigilator - light blue, 2019, sculptural installation.

All you would need to do is change the numbers for the different artists and works and save as you go along.

yes Sally should have put AND code replacement

Excellent. Saves a whole lot of time on the day, and much easier to do all this when you aren't stressed about getting the images up quickly. Reduces errors, too.

56 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Taking the op's caption, let see what we can do:

Augustas Serapinas, Chair for the Invigilator - light blue, 2019, sculptural installation, Arsenale exhibition, 58th Venice Art Biennale 2019

Exhibition --->  \e1\ Arsenale exhibition   \e2\   etc

Venue --->  \v1\ = 58th Venice Art Biennale 2019

Artist --->   \a1\ = Augustas Serapinas  \a2\ = Cathy Wilkes   \a3\   etc

Work --->   \w1\ = Chair for the Invigilator - light blue, 2019   \w2\  feather up a duck's backside II   \w3\    etc

Type --->   \t1\ = sculptural installation   \t2\ = painting   \t3\ = watercolour   etc

So using the correct news format:

{city}, {country}. \{day}\ {iptcmonthname3}, {iptcyear4}. \v1\. \e1\. \a1\, \w1\, \t1\.

Gives me:

Venice, Italy. 20th May, 2019. 58th Venice Art Biennale 2019. Arsenale exhibition. Augustas Serapinas, Chair for the Invigilator - light blue, 2019, sculptural installation.

All you would need to do is change the numbers for the different artists and works and save as you go along.

yes Sally should have put AND code replacement

I now want to see the piece called "feather up a duck's backside ll"

2 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Typing this in the caption: \a1\, \p1\ gives     Artist Joan Miro, Blue I, II, III

so typing this {city}, {location}, {country}. \{day}\ {iptcmonthname3}, {iptcyear4}. gives me this: Hastings, East Sussex, UK. 6th May, 2019. I never ever have to type in the current date for a caption anymore

make up your own ones for whatever match, art exhibition, photo shoot, etc you are attending before you get there

So with the op, I'm sure he would have had an idea of the artists exhibiting and artworks, all of that could have been pre written along with dates, location, etc

I agree this could be extremely useful in certain cases, like a football match (you previously know the players of each team, presumably), and even in a museum (of which you already know what's in the collection). By and large, it is always useful when you have previous information about what you are going to picture, or when you frequently take photos at the same subject in different contexts (i.e. football stars, showbiz celebrities, politicians, and so on).
Unfortunately, this method would be largely useless in my case. As in many special exhibitions of contemporary art, you already know some details (the venue, the city, the name of the artists featured, for example) but most of the artworks on view are totally new, artworks which have never been displayed before; furthermore, the exhibitors always keep their artwork list as secret as they can (I read all their official press release in advance and they never mention a single artwork's title). That's why I always prepare a lot of keywords in advance that many pictures will arguably share and which I can cut and paste in seconds (such as: Venice, Art, Biennale, 2019, Venice Biennale, Biennial, exhibition, Arsenale, Arsenal, exhibition, British Pavilion, and other 40 or 50 of them....). Yet, I still have to check and write a lot of details I can't prepare beforehand  such as work's title, year, owner, technique, main color, media, type of artwork (sculpture, sculptural installation, painting, drawing, video-art, photograph. mixed-media, audio-visual, ...), ownership, and so on; moreover I have to check if there are special copyright conditions and /or attributions I have to comply with or which prevent me to sell my picture (and that's a pain in the neck, every time). To do that in a couple of minutes, would mean to make a mess, believe me.
Contemporary art is a very specific niche, I know; with its own odd rules....
Nevertheless, thank you for your suggestion; for other subjects, I'll certainly give Photomechanic a look.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Well at least the duck got something out of this...

Can you articulate your thought a bit further, If you don't mind, please?

• Dislike 1