Are Adobe planning to raise CC pricing?

I remember all the posters saying "it's only £/$10 a month- well worth it"..

Well, is it worth £/$20? £/$?? When does the frog jump out of the pot?

Still on LR5.7 and CS2.

Edited by spacecadet

Only a daft frog stays out of good value water and in bad value water.  At £10 it is well worth doing.  I suspect a change to £20 will see a lot of hopping frogs.  

• Like 1

Anytime Adobe asks us to fill out a survey, I always comment that I'd like to see a plan with just Lightroom. Looks like they'll keep bundling it, though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/05/2019 at 19:00, Bill Kuta said:

Anytime Adobe asks us to fill out a survey, I always comment that I'd like to see a plan with just Lightroom. Looks like they'll keep bundling it, though.

Funnily enough, I always say I'd like to see a plan with just Photoshop!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

On adobe.ca I get the option of the two photography plans plus Lightroom alone with 1TB at $9.99

Jill

I think you will find that is the renamed cloud version of Lightroom and not the desktop version (LR classic). 

Slightly alarming recent news item about a warning/threat from Adobe to users of earlier versions of their products, and not just standalone, older versions of Creative Cloud also.

Apple Insider

I was surprised to see that it was covered by the Daily Mail in the UK:

Daily Mail article

2 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Slightly alarming recent news item about a warning/threat from Adobe to users of earlier versions of their products, and not just standalone, older versions of Creative Cloud also.

This only refers to CC apps and not standalone ones so the sky is not really falling on most heads just yet. It would only really be of much importance if the newer version of an app would not run on current hardware as Photoshop and Lightroom only improve with each update.

One thing that used to be the case for standalone apps though was that one was supposed to uninstall older versions after upgrading to a new version. Probably nobody ever paid much attention to this but it used to be in the Photoshop license agreement back in the day. I  think most people would wait until they were sure the upgrade was working properly before removing the older version.

12 minutes ago, MDM said:

This only refers to CC apps and not standalone ones

Thanks for the clarification, and actually though I'm no lawyer perhaps the standalone versions couldn't be affected by this, if you've bought it outright then I can't see how they could easily go back and stop you from using it, it's the subscription model that introduces this possibility. I'm not normally one for quoting the Daily MailI but I see that they say that "In 2017, thanks to the new subscription structure, Adobe reported a record $2 billion in revenue."

Adobe don't confirm what prompted this letter but if the reason behind this action is a disagreement with Dolby then certainly Lightroom wouldn't directly be affected anyway, is it Premiere and Media Director that use Dolby?