Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Non Profit - other

Uploaded before the commission changes so only got the 40%, regretfully this one selling at other agencies too......😀  only uploading to Alamy now.  

chick-fil-a-restaurant-P98PJC.jpg

Posted (edited)

PU sale (low $$), my share enough for a couple of Jamaican veggie patties, so could be worse

caribbean-street-food-sign-at-the-car-fr

Edited by John Mitchell

A very nice $$$ USA editorial sale popped in this morning. It’s been a great month. This is in Patagonia.

lakeside-view-of-patagonia-yurt-camp-lag

• Like 1

Cranes at Buccleuch Dock. Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

- Image ID: B9HN5J

cranes-at-buccleuch-dock-barrow-in-furness-cumbria-england-united-B9HN5J.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 30 May 2019
End: 30 May 2024

• Like 1

RSPB Medmerry in West Sussex, UK - I visited Medmerry as it was on the AlamyPicNeeds list, but this photo was used in the US by the Audubon Society in an online article about birdwatching by bicycle, for mid $$.

rspb-medmerry-nature-reserve-by-the-coast-west-sussex-uk-birdwatcher-on-a-bicycle-looking-at-birds-on-the-stilt-pools-through-binoculars-R5J60P.jpg

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 August 2018
End: 01 August 2023
Websites, apps, social media and blogs. Worldwide for 5 years. Archival Rights in the same exact article

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NYCat said:

That’s beautiful, Paulette! What’s with the bold type? Another change, I guess.

Late one just reported in, for presentation.

the-unique-reg-parnell-mg-k3-11-litre-supercharged-6-cylinder-built-EGCY27.jpg

4 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

That’s beautiful, Paulette! What’s with the bold type? Another change, I guess.

Thank you, Betty. Are you seeing bold type in the link? I had copied from the preview page and it was enormous until I made it into a link. Now it looks normal to me.

Paulette

Last one of the month, magazine use, low $$

Mariachi wearing a very large sombrero at a wedding, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

close-up-of-a-mariachi-players-mexican-v

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Last one of the month, magazine use, low $$

Mariachi wearing a very large sombrero at a wedding, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Love the way you shot it, John. Very eye catching

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

Thank you, Betty. Are you seeing bold type in the link? I had copied from the preview page and it was enormous until I made it into a link. Now it looks normal to me.

Paulette

Lol, Paulette! When I logged in this morning, every post, every thread, even ones from a few days ago was in bold! It’s not now. Weird.....

Posted (edited)
On 07/05/2019 at 10:28, Autumn Sky said:

Wide Panoramic view of Grand Plaza in World Famous Tikal National Park in Guatemala.

panoramic-aerial-view-of-tourists-in-gra

This was late afternoon & light is fairly challenging because lower part of frame is in deep shadows.  Pano was stitched from 4 frames & then some HDR toning and noise reduction applied in shadows in post-processing for final result.   Low $$ reward, but it is nice it did sell.

Well done. I've managed to sell only a handful of my Tikal images over the years. Lots of competition.

Edited by John Mitchell

15 hours ago, Rico said:

Love the way you shot it, John. Very eye catching

Thanks. It was a very eye-catching wedding.

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Well done. I've managed to sell only a handful of my Tikal images over the years. Lots of competition.

Thank you.  I didn't expect to get any Tikal sales at all, as you said too much competition. 

But it is fantastic place, isn't it.  I waited till all the crowds disappeared because of dark, then sat on these stones all by myself in twilight enjoying packed dinner all by myself, almost feeling some of that ancient 'magic'

4 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Thank you.  I didn't expect to get any Tikal sales at all, as you said too much competition. 

But it is fantastic place, isn't it.  I waited till all the crowds disappeared because of dark, then sat on these stones all by myself in twilight enjoying packed dinner all by myself, almost feeling some of that ancient 'magic'

Yes, Tikal is a remarkable place. I've been there twice, in 2000 and then again in 2010. On my first visit, you could climb the steep steps of both Temple I and Temple II. Several tourists have tumbled to theirs deaths from those staircases. Last time I was there, Temple I was closed to climbers, and a rickety (and ugly) wooden staircase had been erected on the side of Temple II. Is it still there?

3 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Yes, Tikal is a remarkable place. I've been there twice, in 2000 and then again in 2010. On my first visit, you could climb the steep steps of both Temple I and Temple II. Several tourists have tumbled to theirs deaths from those staircases. Last time I was there, Temple I was closed to climbers, and a rickety (and ugly) wooden staircase had been erected on the side of Temple II. Is it still there?

I heard about these accidents.  Yes, there is wooden staircase at back side of Temple 2 and wooden platform.   Jaguar Temple (Temple 1) is off limits.  Here is not-so-good shot of Temple 1:

jaguar-temple-citadel-ancient-mayan-civi

My favorite was Temple V,  nobody around, too bad time was limited would have enjoyed few hours there:

side-view-of-ancient-mayan-pyramid-ruins

Later in Antigua read an article in local paper about continuing damage in Tikal due to exponentially rising number of visitors and rising safety issues.  It's a shame really.  Such a magnificent place.

Very low $, but am happy it was picked up! 

I wonder why the image usage start on 20 April 2019 and end on 21 April 2019 but reflect in May? 

jewel-changi-airport-singapore-T3TKDN.jp

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 20 April 2019
End: 21 April 2019
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

28 minutes ago, rickygui said:

Very low $, but am happy it was picked up! 

I wonder why the image usage start on 20 April 2019 and end on 21 April 2019 but reflect in May? 

Because it takes newspapers in the scheme a couple of months to report sales.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

I heard about these accidents.  Yes, there is wooden staircase at back side of Temple 2 and wooden platform.   Jaguar Temple (Temple 1) is off limits.  Here is not-so-good shot of Temple 1:

jaguar-temple-citadel-ancient-mayan-civi

My favorite was Temple V,  nobody around, too bad time was limited would have enjoyed few hours there:

side-view-of-ancient-mayan-pyramid-ruins

Later in Antigua read an article in local paper about continuing damage in Tikal due to exponentially rising number of visitors and rising safety issues.  It's a shame really.  Such a magnificent place.

Things really changed after the paved highway opened about 20 years ago. It used to be a long, uncomfortable trip to Tikal on terrible roads. Now day-trippers can easily come up from Guatemala City. Things have really changed. The site was much more crowded in 2010 than it was on the first time I visited in 2000. Get there before they build the road, as the old saying goes.

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Things have really changed. The site was much more crowded in 2010 than it was on the first time I visited in 2000. Get there before they build the road, as the old saying goes.

Things are changing everywhere John.   I hike extensively both in  Rockies and BC Coast Mountains & am witnessing alarming wide-spread destruction everywhere due to ever increasing human presence.  Then, on global scale,  I just heard Tanzania government is considering building cable-car to top of Kilimanjaro, one of 7 summits ?!!! Then, you must have heard recent deaths on Everest because of unreal traffic jam;   this picture just blew me away:

5ceb7da62100003000e669c3.jpeg

I'd not be surprised if one day there is cable-car to top of Everest too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Things are changing everywhere John.   I hike extensively both in  Rockies and BC Coast Mountains & am witnessing alarming wide-spread destruction everywhere due to ever increasing human presence.  Then, on global scale,  I just heard Tanzania government is considering building cable-car to top of Kilimanjaro, one of 7 summits ?!!! Then, you must have heard recent deaths on Everest because of unreal traffic jam;   this picture just blew me away:

Yes, that is a remarkable photo of the Everest lineup. Ironically, tourists are now destroying the very things that attracted them to places in the first place.

For instance, so much for the magical isolation of Machu Picchu. Apparently a cable car is being planned for there as well. Hiram Bingham was lucky to go when he did.

My new bucket list (such as it is) will include only places that no one wants to go to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

What's next for human to queue and conquer. Still Everest. 

Nice end of the month popped in $245. It's my hubby at the Grand Canyon so hoping I find it in use it would be fun to know where it ends up.

Adventure travel man at edge of the Grand Canyon south rim Pipe Creek Vista taking photo, Arizona USA rear view Stock Photo

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

jewel-changi-airport-singapore-T3TM06.jp

Last one on 31st May! Give me a hooray. :)

Edited by rickygui
  • Like 1