3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

On a positive note, I had 8 zooms today. And made a direct sale of $40. Nothing to write home about but not chump change, either.

Betty

That's good to hear. I had two pop up today, both $$ (direct, 50%). Not exactly a windfall, but one was an image I took 20+ years ago that still has legs apparently.

1 hour ago, Hellonearth said:

I sale this month for a nett value of 50 cents. I have had 15 sales this year, one of which netted me $75. The other 14 sales together netted me $73.45, an average of $5.25. For the last 2 years I put all my eggs in the Alamy basket and I have twice the number of images here than anywhere else. I am changing that as quickly as I can because I am earning more elsewhere. To make matters worse I still have uncleared sales from January.

I have 23 uncleared sales (see my other post)

On 10/05/2019 at 23:06, Marb said:

Diabolical. Looks like May is going to be worse than an already bad April. Nothing. Zilch. Non points.

Nothing for me so far, either, but I know sales will come later in the month so no need to panic.  Stay positive!

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

Nothing for me so far, either, but I know sales will come later in the month so no need to panic.  Stay positive!

I don't get why sales have to come at the end of the month when other site sales can come in at any day. 

3 minutes ago, Marb said:

I don't get why sales have to come at the end of the month when other site sales can come in at any day. 

In common with many other businesses, the accounts department at Alamy's customers will wait until late in the month to see how much money the company has available to pay their suppliers. Although sales can, and do, come at any time, there is often a noticeable surge towards the end of the month as accounts departments do their payment run. This is most noticeable of all with the newspaper sales where a stream of small value sales may appear in the last two or three days of the month.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

In common with many other businesses, the accounts department at Alamy's customers will wait until late in the month to see how much money the company has available to pay their suppliers. Although sales can, and do, come at any time, there is often a noticeable surge towards the end of the month as accounts departments do their payment run. This is most noticeable of all with the newspaper sales where a stream of small value sales may appear in the last two or three days of the month.

And this is a competitive advantage for Alamy, and as such to be applauded.

Sadly, it can also lead to unreported sales, which Alamy doesn't penalise heavily enough.

On 20/04/2019 at 01:19, IanDavidson said:

Given that Alamy has more than 150 million images and the latest reported sales figures were in excess of twenty two million pounds; any individual fluctuation in sales is "noise".  My understanding, and I may be wrong, is that there are around 17,000 active contributors so one contributor is  0.0058% of the contributor base  and that ignores the impact of partner agency contributors.  You would need to aggregate several hundred users to get any statistically significant trends

I think "several hundred users" is a bit on the conservative side Ian.

But I'm afraid your words and the commonsense they contain will run a distant second to those most human of conditiions, the need to find patterns where none exist, the need to find order in chaos, the need to know what will happen tomorrow based on what I think happened yesterday. The fact is Alany receive over 100,000 submissions per day . . . per day!! . . . that has to have a disrupting effect on the predictability of results for any of us . . . or so it seems to me :)

Trends of course are another thing altogether, but to simply compare today to this day last year is stretching the function of trends a tad too far.

☮️

DD

Edited by dustydingo
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

By number my sales are slightly down on last year but based on fees are one-third the whole of last year so it would seem little changed except for the huge number of extra pictures I put on last year. Taking new submissions into account my sales by number and fee should be double. 🙁

May started really badly, but I'm glad last week's sales have been back to normal.

With Brexit looming, I bet many publishers are probably waiting to see what will happen. 

Oh, distribution sales that used to be few and far between, have really picked up.

My sales are running at about half of 2018, which wasn't an unusual year.

Prices seem better though recently.

I guess some years will be good, others will be bad... .. ☹️

Edited by AlbertSnapper

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2019 at 18:39, AlbertSnapper said:

My sales are running at about half of 2018, which wasn't an unusual year.

Prices seem better though recently.

I guess some years will be good, others will be bad... .. ☹️

My experience is similar this year. CTR is above average, as it is mostly, but zooms to sales is slipping: 

1/6/18 to date 1 : 3 

1/1/19 to date 1 : 4.3 - I know there may be sales to come through but at the present rate of sales it will have little impact on these figures. 

Sales this month are desperate. 

I am beginning to feel I am wasting my time - at least with this library as sales through another library are holding up OK.

Edited by Bill Allsopp
  • Like 1

I think I'm going to contact Alamy Towers to ask if they will check down  the back of their settee and see if any of my sales have slipped unseen down behind the cushions. In April and May I have had 41 zooms and not one has yet converted to a sale. Hard to believe that my typical conversion rate of 1:4 has suddenly plummeted to 0:41 😕

2 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I think I'm going to contact Alamy Towers to ask if they will check down  the back of their settee and see if any of my sales have slipped unseen down behind the cushions. In April and May I have had 41 zooms and not one has yet converted to a sale. Hard to believe that my typical conversion rate of 1:4 has suddenly plummeted to 0:41 😕

Strangely most of my sales have never been zoomed, so contributes to a lower CTR. For all zooms I keep the image address in a text file so I can easily undertake regular reverse image searches. Will have to start keeping statistics.