April Challenge:- Women's Role in Todays Society

Having seen the competition this is a case of forlorn hope! However, playing is more important than winning, or so they say...

Woman working on steam loco

the-lady-fireman-of-tanfield-railway-no-

Female NYPD police officer, Brooklyn Bridge

female-police-officer-using-phone-on-bro

Retired lady, a Sustrans volunteer,  painting an overbridge on the coast to coast cycle path, UK

sustrans-volunteer-rangers-work-on-the-c

Edited by Bryan

Fantastic topic!  Here are my three:

Former Provincial leader of British Columbia Christy Clark  (from my Live News days)

EGCEDT.jpg

Vancouver celebrity and entrepreneur Faye Leung (aka Hat Lady)

EGMK46.jpg

And more recently, a first time female Time Lord:

PYJ9ME.jpg

Edited by MariaJ

For an assortment of reasons, I don't participate in the Monthly Challange, but I always enjoy and feel that I benefit from looking at the outstanding images that are entered. And there are so very many great ones this month.

I agree that Michael's firefighter shot is totally stunning. Totally.  It brought a tear to my eye, remembering being safely guided through the dense, black smoke from the fire in my NYC building. Firefighters are the Special Forces of our peacetime world. They risk their health and lives for us . . . be they male or female. 

Edo

• Love 4
  • Like 3

Here are my three images:

Women in Power: Caroline Lucas MP, The Green Party, Leanne Wood MP, leader of Plaid Cymru and Nicola Sturgeon, First Minister of Scotland/leader of the Scottish National Party.

FJ0CGP.jpg

Suffragettes

CM7WJK.jpg

Soldiers

EWBR8Y.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 13/04/2019 at 04:12, Ed Rooney said:

For an assortment of reasons, I don't participate in the Monthly Challange, but I always enjoy and feel that I benefit from looking at the outstanding images that are entered. And there are so very many great ones this month.

I agree that Michael's firefighter shot is totally stunning. Totally.  It brought a tear to my eye, remembering being safely guided through the dense, black smoke from the fire in my NYC building. Firefighters are the Special Forces of our peacetime world. They risk their health and lives for us . . . be they male or female. 

Edo

Agreed. When my kitchen caught fire, and then it was out, I stood visibly trembling with my hair gray from smoke. A firefighter came and put his arm around me until I quit shaking.

BY7D8P.jpg

A Muslim woman in Coventry UK.

J6C154.jpg

A Lifeguard actively watches bathes in the sea at Bondi, Australia.

BPPFYP.jpg

An active old lady at Notting Hill Carnival London.

Edited by andremichel