Michael Ventura

April 2019 favourite uploads

Taken in my local harbour a few days ago. The local seals have learned to break into the fishermens lobster pots on the sea bed, as well as stealing fish from bottom nets.

grey-seal-halichoerus-grypus-eating-a-fish-while-swimming-T3WFBF.jpg

On 14/04/2019 at 07:03, Bill Brooks said:

Fantastic shot. I have been trying to take this shot for the last 20 years without success.

This is my only bee on a flower shot...teeny tiny bee :(

Julia Child Roses, Floribunda, Carruth at the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden in San Jose, California.

julia-child-roses-floribunda-carruth-pla

Sunrise over Palm Cove during an unusually high tide at then end of the Wet Season, Queensland, Australia

T4AGF8.jpg

T4AGF9.jpg

T4AGFC.jpg

T4AGF7.jpg

• Like 1

I was happy with the overall glow of the sunset on the ice here. The pack ice on the St Lawrence is really breaking up now. 

backlit-ice-glowing-in-the-sunset-on-the-st-lawrence-river-at-cap-rouge-near-quebec-city-canada-T4AYFG.jpg

Most of that shoot ended up on FAA though as they were more arty and in B&W - the light only really came together as the sun touched the horizon.

• Like 1

Alternate modes of transportation in Trinidad, Cuba - a Unesco World Heritage Site

old-man-in-horse-carriage-and-classic-cu

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

I was happy with the overall glow of the sunset on the ice here. The pack ice on the St Lawrence is really breaking up now. 

backlit-ice-glowing-in-the-sunset-on-the-st-lawrence-river-at-cap-rouge-near-quebec-city-canada-T4AYFG.jpg

Most of that shoot ended up on FAA though as they were more arty and in B&W - the light only really came together as the sun touched the horizon.

Stunning!  Such colours.