OK then what is underexposed

6 hours ago, Nigel Kirby said:

It might also help using a grey card for exposure settings or you can take a reading from the back of your hand which is around 18%.

https://www.digitalphotomentor.com/how-to-use-a-gray-card-for-custom-white-balance-and-metering/

Nigel

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

White skin is usually a stop brighter than mid grey. Try it.

There are a lot of variations in white skin tone though but it is invariably lighter than mid gray unless the subject has a deep tan so exposing off white skin will underexpose. A gray card is the thing as it can also be used to colour balance. That said there is a lot of variation between and even within grey cards. The x-rite card is the best I’ve tried. 

• 2 months later...
On 13/03/2019 at 16:58, Starsphinx said:

Wow.   That is close lol.
If you are sure I would love to have it - but I would have to buy you a coffee when you are down if you have time.  I am in Chippenham a lot as I work with their youth squads.  If you have time I can maybe point you to a couple of hidden gems in the area.
Thank you so much for your generosity. 

Hi Starsphinx!

Are you still interested in having the monitor? If so I am in Chippenham this weekend coming

Kumar

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hi Starsphinx!

Are you still interested in having the monitor? If so I am in Chippenham this weekend coming

Kumar

Yes please Kumar - I had forgotten your kind offer, but definitely would still like it if possible - my email is estelle@starsphinx.com

3 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

Yes please Kumar - I had forgotten your kind offer, but definitely would still like it if possible - my email is estelle@starsphinx.com

Thanks Starsphinx - I have e-mailed you

Cheers

Kumar

• Love 1