Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, 

 

I am an amateur photographer and shooting only cause I love recording memories. Photography is an obsession to me. I post my photographs on Alamy, Youtube and social media. 

The day has come when I realised that posting photographs on Facebook for advertisement reason is bad idea and the only question I have now is how bad? 

Thought being part of any photographic organisation or other legal photographic body as Alamy is enough to be protected from copyright infringements and today I learned I was wrong..   

 

 While reading "Report an unauthorised use" I've learned that Alamy:

 quote: 

"can’t chase unauthorised uses on your behalf if your image…

  • Has been used in a personal (non commercial) blog or on an individual’s social media platform." 

 

In my case I posted some photos on Facebook and ouch!, seems like will have to row against the wind and waves on my own without Alamy's help..  

 

Briefly: 

I was asked for the permission but refused for my photographs to be used on "this" calendar. 

Two of my photographs wore printed on calendar without my permission.  

Unlike others my name was not included anywhere on the calendar. 

Calendar price was £7.50 [receipt].

UK based.

 

Feel so insulted by this having nightmares. 

 

Where do I go from here and where to start from? 

 

Edited by Arvy777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are absolutely sure they are your pictures and you didn't give them consent to use your pictures.

You could:

let somebody like https://www.pixsy.com/

or others do the dirty work for you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

If you are absolutely sure they are your pictures and you didn't give them consent to use your pictures.

You could:

let somebody like https://www.pixsy.com/

 

Thank you for advice LawrensonPhoto!, Yes I am absolutely positive those are my photos and I didn't give them consent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Arvy777 said:

 

Thank you for advice LawrensonPhoto!, Yes I am absolutely positive those are my photos and I didn't give them consent. 

In future, put big watermarks on any images you share online.

Good luck getting recompensed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's a business it should be easy to track down.

An individual may be harder to find but there may be clues in the profile. You can then follow this procedure

http://www.epuk.org/opinion/stolen-photographs-what-to-do?pg=4

There's now a small claims track for copyright if they won't pay up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2019 at 07:49, spacecadet said:

If it's a business it should be easy to track down.

An individual may be harder to find but there may be clues in the profile. You can then follow this procedure

http://www.epuk.org/opinion/stolen-photographs-what-to-do?pg=4

There's now a small claims track for copyright if they won't pay up.

 

Thank you spacecadet! Will take a time to read it all and seems like your link has answers to what I am after. 

Yes is a business (community shop). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Arvy777 said:

 

Thank you spacecadet! Will take a time to read it all and seems like your link has answers to what I am after. 

Yes is a business (community shop). 

I wouldn't be too hard on a community shop. It's a charity after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I wouldn't be too hard on a community shop. It's a charity after all.

 

Multimillion price tag farm who is behind all this and probably my foreign name is too ugly to be printed on their calendar.. No, I am not planning to any huge claim and only few thin whips throe their fingers so no images will be taken in the future and I could continue shooting landscape time-lapses started in 2007. 

Based on our communication this craziness I see as a deliberate farmers insult covered under innocents of local community shop. brrr am getting angry just thinking about it :( 

Edited by Arvy777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I don't know what a tag farm is. In fact, I don't understand most of what you're saying.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Arvy777 said:

and probably my foreign name is too ugly to be printed on their calendar.

 

Which however seems to be good enough for the imdb. 😉

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Sorry, I don't know what a tag farm is. In fact, I don't understand most of what you're saying.

 

price tag'
noun: a label showing the price of an item for sale. 
 
Sorry for being confusing and I don't know if would be ok to write too many details on this forum?.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently had a successful pursual of a copyright infringement by a blogger. It took numerous emails back and forth with the blogger countering with all kinds of unsubstantiated arguments as to why he was blameless, but eventually he paid up. Patience, determination, being completely matter of fact, and requesting a reasonable fee seemed to work..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.