Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Marb said:

If it transpired into sales it would. 

 

How much would they have to sell for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Zooms  are linked with sales?

Edited by alexandersr
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, alexandersr said:

Zooms  are linked with sales?

 

Not directly. Some zooms can be linked with a specific sale. Some sales may have arisen from a zoom but it is not clear as there may be along interval between the two. Many sales are made without the image concerned ever being zoomed at all.

 

There is an indirect link in that your past zooms/sales ratio may give a rough indication of forthcoming sales. Over the years I have had a ratio of one sale for every four zooms, although that seems to have reduced substantially in recent months. Different contributors will report different ratios and yours may be different again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

 

Not directly. Some zooms can be linked with a specific sale. Some sales may have arisen from a zoom but it is not clear as there may be along interval between the two. Many sales are made without the image concerned ever being zoomed at all.

 

There is an indirect link in that your past zooms/sales ratio may give a rough indication of forthcoming sales. Over the years I have had a ratio of one sale for every four zooms, although that seems to have reduced substantially in recent months. Different contributors will report different ratios and yours may be different again.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, alexandersr said:

Zooms  are linked with sales?

Zooms are linked with interest in your images, in that they are perhaps being considered for purchase. A step in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2019 at 10:04, Avpics said:

Zooms are linked with interest in your images, in that they are perhaps being considered for purchase. A step in the right direction.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week zooms (and therefore CTR) are improving a lot on my case.

Did they change algo? What's your experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

Last week zooms (and therefore CTR) are improving a lot on my case.

Did they change algo? What's your experience?

My zooms have also jumped this week and I have also had the first sale of the month today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had 7 zooms of eggs in supermarkets this morning. I see an egg sale in my future. 

 

Poco a poco, Lorenzo. I mean piano piano

 

Edo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diabolical. Not a single sale and almost halfway through the month. Seems adding more and more images has the opposite effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marb said:

Diabolical. Not a single sale and almost halfway through the month. Seems adding more and more images has the opposite effect.

 

Please don't shoot the messenger but you seem to be very upset. But realistically you have quite a few simulars therefore leaving you with about 500-700 photographs to license. 

 

I myself also have simulars so out of my loaded nearly 8,000 i perhaps have about 5-6,000 different images. 

 

So the question should be , Are we all expecting too much of the pie out of 150 million photographs available on here ?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Ace said:

 

Please don't shoot the messenger but you seem to be very upset. But realistically you have quite a few simulars therefore leaving you with about 500-700 photographs to license. 

 

I myself also have simulars so out of my loaded nearly 8,000 i perhaps have about 5-6,000 different images. 

 

So the question should be , Are we all expecting too much of the pie out of 150 million photographs available on here ?

 

No. I am comparing to my earlier trends when I had more sales and views with a lot less images.

Edited by Marb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zooms and CTR fine, but no sales since the 24th of last month - unusual for me, but there's plenty of time yet

 

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it about time this thread was humanely destroyed?

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Isn't it about time this thread was humanely destroyed?

 

it's easier to unfollow it :)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Marb said:

Diabolical. Not a single sale and almost halfway through the month. Seems adding more and more images has the opposite effect.

I have many more images than you, and probably fewer similars. I have not made a sale this month. 

It happens. Cyclical. Sometimes I go for several months with fewer licenses, then I rebound. I’ve learned to not overly sweat something I cannot change.

It’s much healthier for my body to be without anger, angst and resentment. I’ve lost my husband and daughter-in-law this past 9 months. I’m dealing with grief and trying to help my son through his terrible grief from losing his dad and wife.

Those things are much more important in the grand scheme of things. How many images I license pale in comparison.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 11/06/2019 at 11:44, Marb said:

No. I am comparing to my earlier trends when I had more sales and views with a lot less images.

For all the time you’ve been concerned about poor sales you’ve had around 2,000 images. OK now it’s 2,200. The difference is insignificant in the scheme of things and cannot give you any definitive statistics.

Edited by Sally
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I had 7 zooms of eggs in supermarkets this morning. I see an egg sale in my future. 

 

Poco a poco, Lorenzo. I mean piano piano

 

Edo

Poco a poco llega se llega lejos, suerte!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have many more images than you, and probably fewer similars. I have not made a sale this month. 

It happens. Cyclical. Sometimes I go for several months with fewer licenses, then I rebound. I’ve learned to not overly sweat something I cannot change.

It’s much healthier for my body to be without anger, angst and resentment. I’ve lost my husband and daughter-in-law this past 9 months. I’m dealing with grief and trying to help my son through his terrible grief from losing his dad and wife.

Those things are much more important in the grand scheme of things. How many images I license pale in comparison.

Betty

I'm very sorry to hear that Betty. And yes you are right, i the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sally said:

For all the time you’ve been concerned about poor sales you’ve only had around 2,000 images. OK now it’s 2,200. The difference is insignificant in the scheme of things and cannot give you any definitive statistics.

 

Indeed . . . especially when one considers one's portfolio as a percentage of the over 160,000,000 image pool (sigh, I remember when it was approaching a meagre 6 million).

 

Still, always on the lookout for niche subjects . . ."Apophenia"  Alamy Search Result: 24

 

DD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Marb said:

Diabolical. Not a single sale and almost halfway through the month. Seems adding more and more images has the opposite effect.

 

I know the feeling. No sales so far this month either. Also I've not had any sales clear for payment in over a month. No payout last month. Lost news access and have hardly uploaded anything since. However like Betty, life hasn't been kind this year and reminds one of the important things to dwell on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Betty. Really very sorry to hear of your situation. Kind regards Adrian 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ace said:

Betty. Really very sorry to hear of your situation. Kind regards Adrian 

+1, Betty, hope things can become more bearable over time 

 

Kumar

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.