No sales, no zooms, no views

1 hour ago, Marb said:

Because at the time of my post there were no zooms. I can only go off evidence of what I can or can’t see. 

It is worth remembering that zooms do not ever update over a weekend

41 minutes ago, Marb said:

Still nothing showing and it's Monday afternoon.

That's not the case. The weekend update was at 0834 this morning.

2 hours ago, Marb said:

Because at the time of my post there were no zooms. I can only go off evidence of what I can or can’t see. 

There was no evidence.

6 hours ago, Marb said:

Well it looks like March is set to be just as bad, if not worse than Feb. No zooms at all so far. Terrible start.

What is the point of making a comment like this on the 4th day of a month that contains 31 days?

• Love 2
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

That's not the case. The weekend update was at 0834 this morning.

There was no evidence.

The evidence is there are 0.00  views or zooms showing, right now at 15.12 pm. Sorry but I can only go from facts before me. I cannot read into hidden realms. 

Edited by Marb
  • Dislike 4

25 minutes ago, Marb said:

The evidence is there are 0.00  views or zooms showing, right now at 15.12 pm. Sorry but I can only go from facts before me. I cannot read into hidden realms. 

OK...

To throw in another data point...(and bearing in mind that there has only been one working day reported so far..)

Since March 01...for me.
9 zooms

4 sales

km

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Marb said:

Well it looks like March is set to be just as bad, if not worse than Feb. No zooms at all so far. Terrible start.

TBH this is just plain silly or you are pulling our legs. If by the 4th March with just 1 working day gone, your stats make you so pessimistic, you are better off not looking at them until the last day of the month.

Mine this morning are 128 views, 3 zooms, 1 sale, so a reasonable start.

• Like 2

Marb is our very own Eeyore. I would be surprised if he came up with a positive post. Some people find Eeyore lovable, other people not so much.

Paulette

• Love 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

OK...

To throw in another data point...(and bearing in mind that there has only been one working day reported so far..)

Since March 01...for me.
9 zooms

4 sales

km

Since March 1st for me:

7 zooms

1 refund 😂

So actually worse off the Marb

Kumar

• Love 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

Since March 1st for me:

7 zooms

1 refund 😂

So actually worse off the Marb

Kumar

LMAO. He'll tell you otherwise! 😀

141 views, 1 zoom,  1 sale for me. 

Edited by losdemas
Stats

16 hours ago, Marb said:

Marb even though i agree with you it's a terrible start (at least for some of us) of the month, stats have a mathematical sense if done at the end of the same timeframe (let's wait March 31st).

As i pointed out previously i guess Alamy Measures issue affected somehow our image visibility (again, at least for some of us).

Im very happy there are people who're doin' very well on March and also did on Feb... our situation instead seems to be a disaster also considering we behave as in the past, so normally

Edited by KODAKovic

As of the March 4 update, I have no zooms or sales either.  But there's only been one regular working day, Mar 1, so I'm not worried about it.  There's lots more of the month to go.   (and I don't compare myself to Keith, who is way out of my league!).

1 hour ago, KODAKovic said:

Marb even though i agree with you it's a terrible start (at least for some of us) of the month, stats have a mathematical sense if done at the end of the same timeframe (let's wait March 31st).

As i pointed out previously i guess Alamy Measures issue affected somehow our image visibility (again, at least for some of us).

Im very happy there are people who're doin' very well on March and also did on Feb... our situation instead seems to be a disaster also considering we behave as in the past, so normally

Marb is our very own Eeyore. I would be surprised if he came up with a positive post. Some people find Eeyore lovable, other people not so much.

I think when others are having success, they seem to not like the ones outside the periphery reporting the contrary. Sorry but, as I have said before, when sales have come I have announced my successes. I thought the idea of an open forum was reporting the truth.

Still 0.00 sales, zooms or sales. Something is broke here for some of us unless some kind of manipulation of selected exposure is happening.

Edited by Marb

3 minutes ago, Marb said:

I think when others are having success, they seem to not like the ones outside the periphery reporting the contrary. Sorry but, as I have said before, when sales have come I have announced my successes. I thought the idea of an open forum was reporting the truth.

Still 0.00 sales, zooms or sales. Something is broke here for some of us unless some kind of manipulation of selected exposure is happening.

I think the thing that upsets people is that you can be incredibly negative and it does rub off on other people. It is still only the 5th March (and as of time of writing the measures for 4th March haven't been published yet). Were we halfway through the month already then such comments would be a bit more meaningful and people wouldn't react in the same way. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

I think the thing that upsets people is that you can be incredibly negative and it does rub off on other people. It is still only the 5th March (and as of time of writing the measures for 4th March haven't been published yet). Were we halfway through the month already then such comments would be a bit more meaningful and people wouldn't react in the same way. 

Well I'm sorry if that has had that effect on other people, again I have to report my disappointment after the work uploading. I think I am going through quite a lot of loss of income in other streams so this only exasperated the situation.  

BTW,  I had a look at your Windsor castle images. That takes me back to the time my mum used to cook for the staff in the mews. I used to toddle along with her pre-school and play in the stables, roaming free around the grounds. Fortunately I have a very good memory from an early age. Saw a few members of the royal family. 

I am still showing no measures update since early on the 4th.   What are the chances they fixed the forum and measures are broken again?  Not trying to be negative just exasperated that is all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Personally I don't want it to update as yesterday my CTR shot up to 1.72 and I don't want it to come down again 🤣

I am just desperate for my first zoom - it might have happened yesterday and me not know it yet (although as it did not happen when measures was down for 2 weeks it is unlikely :( )

4 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Personally I don't want it to update as yesterday my CTR shot up to 1.72 and I don't want it to come down again 🤣

Mine shot up yesterday, as well, a little bit below yours. But the update has just taken place - and it has levelled out - as expected...

28 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

The one thing I have learnt is to shoot and move on to the next one (immediately) I spent nearly every other day driving down to Hastings (45 mins) from me in February and didn't sell a single live news image, its gets me down of course, but it drives me to do better and when 4x $$$ licenses drop in on the last few days of the month which I was totally unaware that they had sold it makes it all worthwhile.

Seems like very wise words to me, another Alamy newbie. Good for you.