Manfroto Tripod

I have a Manfroto 190prob tripod which for some reason has decided to grow in length, one of the legs in now about 4 inches longer than the other two and as I have never taken a tripod apart I literally have no idea where to start and what to look for.

Your help please.  

5 hours ago, Liam Bunce said:

I have a Manfroto 190prob tripod which for some reason has decided to grow in length, one of the legs in now about 4 inches longer than the other two and as I have never taken a tripod apart I literally have no idea where to start and what to look for.

Your help please.  

That's weird... A few days ago I discovered that one of the legs on my Manfrotto 190pro tripod is now about 1-2cm longer than the others. One of the bottom leg sections seems to have grown. :wacko: Maybe an internal stop is coming adrift? I'll have to take a closer look. Maybe it's always been like that?

Mark

10 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

That's weird... A few days ago I discovered that one of the legs on my Manfrotto 190pro tripod is now about 1-2cm longer than the others. One of the bottom leg sections seems to have grown. :wacko: Maybe an internal stop is coming adrift? I'll have to take a closer look. Maybe it's always been like that?

Mark

It's the top section on mine, maybe it's a common problem.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/02/2019 at 09:28, Liam Bunce said:

It's the top section on mine, maybe it's a common problem.

OK I took a closer look. I was wrong, it's the middle section of one leg that extends further than the other two. I couldn't get the tripod leg lock apart (screw was too tight to shift) but I turned the tripod upside down and let the leg retract itself a few times under it's own weight and, after a good few times, it's now back to the same length as the others. It seems that the internal stop must now be knocked back into place. Perhaps I shouldn't let the legs fully extend under their own weight as that's possibly what starts to knock the leg stop out?

Mark

On 01/03/2019 at 16:56, M.Chapman said:

OK I took a closer look. I was wrong, it's the middle section of one leg that extends further than the other two. I couldn't get the tripod leg lock apart (screw was too tight to shift) but I turned the tripod upside down and let the leg retract itself a few times under it's own weight and, after a good few times, it's now back to the same length as the others. It seems that the internal stop must now be knocked back into place. Perhaps I shouldn't let the legs fully extend under their own weight as that's possibly what starts to knock the leg stop out?

Mark

Iv'e had mine in bits but unable to find any sort of collar to restrict its travel. 

Archived