Those with many non-exclusive images, are you identifying them individually or is it too much work?

On 10/02/2019 at 10:25, spacecadet said:

BTW roll on default exclusive. I've had some images up for a few days non-exclusive because I forgot to click the box.

Go to top right of AIM page, Click on cog wheel in front of your name, In drop down box "Default settings for future submissions" you will see a tick box at the bottom "Alamy exclusive".

Click the tick box and there you have it.

Allan

With only about 6% of my roughly 8,000 photos on Alamy being non-exclusive, is there a way to mark all exclusive and then go back and change those that are not exclusive?  Apologies if this was cover already or elsewhere on the Forum.  In AIM, I do not see a filter for exclusive or non-exclusive...or "select all" when I click on my main psuedo.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

With only about 6% of my roughly 8,000 photos on Alamy being non-exclusive, is there a way to mark all exclusive and then go back and change those that are not exclusive?  Apologies if this was cover already or elsewhere on the Forum.  In AIM, I do not see a filter for exclusive or non-exclusive...or "select all" when I click on my main psuedo.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael

I have about 8% at other agencies (wish I didn't in some cases) and did the marking before the new filters were introduced. This sounds like a much better way of doing the job.

I've got about 200 images elsewhere which I should have already be marked as non-exclusive, but I thought it would be a good idea to double check. So I used AIM and set the Non-Exclusive filter. Which returned 285 images. Why on earth does the Non-exclusive filter include images that have failed QC and deleted images, neither of which are on sale?

Fortunately it's possible to tick the "On sale"  filter too which limits the results to what I need.

Mark

39 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I've got about 200 images elsewhere which I should have already be marked as non-exclusive, but I thought it would be a good idea to double check. So I used AIM and set the Non-Exclusive filter. Which returned 285 images. Why on earth does the Non-exclusive filter include images that have failed QC and deleted images, neither of which are on sale?

Fortunately it's possible to tick the "On sale"  filter too which limits the results to what I need.

Mark

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of using the "All on sale" filter as well.

On 16/02/2019 at 16:16, Michael Ventura said:

s there a way to mark all exclusive and then go back and change those that are not exclusive? 

Unfortunately this would put you in breach of contract.

Alamy specifically warns against it on page 1 of this thread.

13 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Unfortunately this would put you in breach of contract.

Alamy specifically warns against it on page 1 of this thread.

Only briefly.... ;)

Even more so if Alamy's website didn't keep stopping tonight....:angry:

Mark

Update - Now completed :) Phew. What a pain!

I'm not sure whether this is old news or new news but Alamy have just tweeted:

"Following the contract change announcement, we have answered some FAQs on what classifies an exclusive image over on our help pages -"

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/understanding-stock-image-licensing/?section=6&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=contributor_help_pages

Archived