Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On Feb 9 this sale reported for low $$, just to be reverted (refunded) 3 days later ????

J7Y0FH.jpg

 

Feb 25 this sale reported

JCD7RY.jpg

 

Hopefully this won't be reverted, although it is distribution sale, low $$ -- blank month otherwise.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gvallee said:

 

Thank you Betty. These are Little Red Flying Foxes. They are cute but have taken over an entire park in town plus surrounding property gardens. The smell is overpowering. The Council has tried various tactics to make them move elsewhere. They partially succeeded when the colony briefly migrated to the next town, only to be given a hard time from said town for sending them...

 

Meanwhile in Cairns we also have a colony of Spectacled Fruit Bats in town centre. We had very high temperatures recently and the poor things were falling dead to the ground. The Council has installed water sprinkers that go off every 15mn to cool them down. However, a huge number have been lost and they have just been classified as a specie in danger.

"What do you do?"

"I work for the council".

"What sort of work?"

"I cool fruitbats".

:lol:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

"What do you do?"

"I work for the council".

"What sort of work?"

"I cool fruitbats".

:lol:

Council worker is a contradiction in terms surely. ^_^

Not a bad job for your CV though.

Wonder how the bonus scheme would work? Per bat per hour may be.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2019 at 10:22, Thyrsis said:

Slovenia, Web, One month, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate.  Our cut is less than $1....

 

 

 

Winter scene at South Parks Oxford Stock Photo

 

But I fail to understand why a Slovenian website would illustrate a local weather forecast with an image of Oxford UK!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Duration: Unlimited

Mid+ $$

 

FF0RCW.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

New Forest Ponies and Foal in National Park Stock Photo

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Novel Use, Greetings cards, print run up to 2,500, UK, inside placement
Media: Greetings cards and or e-cards
Industry sector: General business services
Print run: up to 2,500
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Any size
Start: 26 February 2019
End: 26 February 2022

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Southpole said:

New Forest Ponies and Foal in National Park Stock Photo

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Novel Use, Greetings cards, print run up to 2,500, UK, inside placement
Media: Greetings cards and or e-cards
Industry sector: General business services
Print run: up to 2,500
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Any size
Start: 26 February 2019
End: 26 February 2022

 

Did you get a decent fee for this? My Novel Use sales have been miserable and for a use that didn't seem novel. My highest fees have been for greeting cards. This seems like a small print run, though, so maybe that is why it is considered Novel Use. You don't have to give an amount -- just a general idea.

 

Paulette

Link to post
Share on other sites

E6BWJ0    exclusive Royalty-free     $$  Alamy direct sale at 50% royalty.

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)

 

Sold on Feb 26 with two more days to go in a good month. I stuck my lens between the bars in the White House fence in the late 1980's. I doubt if I could take this image today, due to the increased security around the White House.

 

The south lawn of the White House in Washington DC USA Stock Photo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to image ERY0BK

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Presentation and/or webinars, Use in a presentation/talk and/or webinars. In-context video library use included. Worldwide 5 years
Media: Use in a presentation/talk and/or webinars. In-context video library use included. Worldwide 5 years
39 MB
4552 x 3012 pixels 
1 MB compressed
Start: 19 February 2019
End: 19 February 2024

RF image. Low $$

 

Blank empty freeway signs on western US highway copy space for your text messages. Use News MT Gothic Bold to match Stock Photo

 

I get bored sitting in the car when I'm not driving, and often end up with something worthwhile. Simple and useful grab shots often end up doing well. I've had a lot of signs licensed recently. 

Edited by Marianne
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sally said:

Presentation or newsletter use sale today. That’s my great grandfather in the middle.

 

american-archive-monochrome-studio-portr

 

Cool picture!

From my absolute ignorance, how can you obtain the rights to use a picture like that? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, shearwater said:

 

Cool picture!

From my absolute ignorance, how can you obtain the rights to use a picture like that? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was an amateur photographer and I inherited his photographs. 

Edited by Sally
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting use and adaptation of this image sold today (January use).

 

 

entrance-to-bovis-homes-bellway-new-hous

 

Decent gross :)

40% :(

Got an ISSN :D

 

Quite pleased with the sale for a couple of other reasons, too:

  • Did a search on a few other images and although the site feels predominately editorial, it seems that they use quite a bit of MS, so pleased that Alamy are in the game here
  • In contrast to the MS shots I found, mine has the EXIF copyright in place (not my original, that placed there by Alamy)
Edited by losdemas
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marianne said:

Link to image ERY0BK

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Presentation and/or webinars, Use in a presentation/talk and/or webinars. In-context video library use included. Worldwide 5 years
Media: Use in a presentation/talk and/or webinars. In-context video library use included. Worldwide 5 years
39 MB
4552 x 3012 pixels 
1 MB compressed
Start: 19 February 2019
End: 19 February 2024

RF image. Low $$

 

Blank empty freeway signs on western US highway copy space for your text messages. Use News MT Gothic Bold to match Stock Photo

 

I get bored sitting in the car when I'm not driving, and often end up with something worthwhile. Simple and useful grab shots often end up doing well. I've had a lot of signs licensed recently. 

 

 

I know that fork well. Going back soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After a slow month, had another sale as the month ends: (It's after midnight here so figured it's okay to post again)

 

dexter-grist-mill-sandwich-ma-cape-cod-massachusetts-usa-seen-across-G1HK49.jpg

 

A mill pond on Cape Cod. 

Unlike the last one, which was an RF image licensed as RM for low $$, this one is for high $$ and is a straight RF license: 

 

46 MB
4608 x 3456 pixels 
3 MB compressed

 

I thought this was RM but I guess it must gone in under the default RF license. Not that it matters much since licensing seems to be whatever the client is seeking. Of course the low $$ image came in before the royalty cut, and this one after. It's only on Alamy, but I haven't gone through and made any images exclusive. Oh well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

That's 6 sales today. I know we're allowed to post only one a day but this part of the coast is so beautiful, it would be a shame not to show it. Thrilled that it sold.

 

Country: Australia, New Zealand and Oceania ; Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Any editorial digital use. Cover and inside. One time use only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  

$$

 

HNM2T8.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.