How was your January?

2652 views - above average

17 zooms - about average

3 sales for $24.97 below average and lowest ever average fee.

Completely unsustainable prices, no longer even worth thinking about spending time uploading more images at these rates.

Sales in numbers were 6 which for me is good. First one was $92 but the rest (4 came in last night) were tiddlers. Not worth talking about. It seems that Alamy (coupled with the % cut) are slicing our fees too.

After a slow start with a $62 refund, things picked up in the last two weeks.

13,585 views, 63 zooms, 29 sales for $607 (which includes that retched refund).

Lots of small (near micro) sales.  A is heading towards SS.

59 licences for a little over $2K gross - actually the lowest numbers in January for 5 years and the lowest January gross for 4 years, but zooms very high as are views so hopefully looking good for next month

Only 2 in the $$$ bracket but they were $184 and $200 

Kumar

Good start to the year for me with 19 sales (above average) for $615 gross. However, prices were on the low side, plus I had two refunds. More distributor and PU sales than usual as well. Zooms and CTR were derailed during the first half of January, but the train appears to be back on the tracks now.

16 for $323 far too many Dodgy PU sales, Stop them ALAMY.

We are all losing sales revenue from this licence. As well as being ripped off by potential misuse of our images.

February started with a PU refund :angry:

Zooms however are on the way up. :)

Craig. 

4 minutes ago, Craig Yates said:

16 for $323 far too many Dodgy PU sales, Stop them ALAMY.

We are all losing sales revenue from this licence. As well as being ripped off by potential misuse of our images.

February started with a PU refund :angry:

Zooms however are on the way up. :)

Craig. 

I too had a PU refund at the beginning of the month. It was within the 30-day limit, but of course the damage had already been done. Unfortunately, I don't think that Alamy will adjust its refund policy for PU sales, so I'm thinking of opting out this year if I see more refunds. That's really the only solution.

I thought it was looking like zero sales for January, then 2 sales on the 29th (both appeared in Guardian in December), then another 2 on the 30th. Couldn't track last 2 down, both related to Brexit, currently a topical subject. Total $79.

Steve

Pathetic! 5 sales for a net total of 9.95. Yes you read that right nine dollars and ninety five cents and we havent even had the cut to 40% yet. With 2/3rds less images I had 6 sales of 2.48 on the best known microstock site.  No prizes for guessing what I am thinking.

Kevin

Archived