Is the forum behaving oddly for anyone else?

34 minutes ago, Gina Kelly said:

Yes, I posted something and was hoping for help/answers but my post isn't even showing up :( I sent Alamy an email, hopefully it will get repaired soon.

Sign out, go to the forum and sign in again.

If you get back in, here are your answers.

8 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

...interesting posts by the way, hadn't seen them.

13 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

You could try doing a wide-ranging general search that you think might include some of that photographer's images, the country perhaps. Then enter the name of the photographer in the advanced search 'Contributor name' box. If this yields results then click on an image and click on the name of the photographer to see all his/her images.

The problem I had was with the last edit disappearing after re-opening a thread for a further addition.

I have moved to making fewer edits, hoping that Chrome doesn't crash before saving. Don't know if that has made a difference, or a genuine fix has been applied, but, fingers crossed, this bug appears to have gone.

15 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Signing in from the "forums" summary page seems to work. But the "unread content" system is bust.

I've found that selecting "Unread Content"  from the drop down menu at top left is more reliable than using the direct link at top right.

Phil

56 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

I've found that selecting "Unread Content"  from the drop down menu at top left is more reliable than using the direct link at top right.

Phil

I don't seem to have one of those- just top right- could it be my page scaling?

1 hour ago, Phil Crean said:

Phil

Yes, at least for a short period - up to a quarter of an hour - as if the new post(s) need to be registered at some other server.

1 hour ago, Niels Quist said:

Yes, at least for a short period - up to a quarter of an hour - as if the new post(s) need to be registered at some other server.

True...It's still not sorted just better than the other button...if you have it;)

Phil

I keep seeing threads I want to read but after I have read one the others disappear to be replaced with threads that are old and I have already read - and which are missing the last few posts I know are on them because I have read them.  It is annoying to say the least.

2 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

My post of less of an hour ago is still invisible on Ask The Forum. Shame as I really need the question about searching for ISBN/ISSN numbers answered.

Richard.

My post re-appeared, was then answered (thanks fellas) and has disappeared again.

11 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Web-upload not working 

It's working for me. The forum and measures are annoying, but the important parts are working - except the value decimal point which seems to have taken a step to the left.

11 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

I'm finding the board running better now.

Jill

It definitely seems a bit better - threads are going properly to unread stuff now and dont seem to be changing every time I return to the board.  Just not properly showing read/unread.

2 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

It definitely seems a bit better - threads are going properly to unread stuff now and dont seem to be changing every time I return to the board.  Just not properly showing read/unread.

No it is still misbehaving, I just read some posts, refreshed, closed the page and opened it again and the posts I read are showing as unread.

4 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

When I saw the notification that you had quoted me, I clicked on it, it took me to this thread, but my post wasn't there, neither were the two after it.  After refreshing twice, they showed up.  It seems it behaves for awhile, then starts screwing up again.

Jill

Archived