Are Your Zooms Falling?

Zooms at the lowest hat I can recall for 3 years. Currently standing at 19, from memory the lowest last year was 24. Doesn't bode well for future sales.

So many photos to choose from, hordes of imported agency images etc, survival of the fittest I guess.

9 hours ago, Bryan said:

Zooms at the lowest hat I can recall for 3 years. Currently standing at 19, from memory the lowest last year was 24. Doesn't bode well for future sales.

So many photos to choose from, hordes of imported agency images etc, survival of the fittest I guess.

Yes, managing to tread water is the big challenge now, it seems.

Mine are so low you have to be a professional limbo dancer the get under them. And to see these poor stats, you have to wade through captchas every time. Why oh why do we get these everytime we enter our account and then once again for the forum ? totally unnecessary

WE WANT A KEEP SIGNED IN FACILITY!

As said by others zooms are not relevant for statistics.

Alamy has not benefits explaining how they works and which customers are going to use it so Alamy will never tell the algo to us.

Simply don't take care to this waving behaviour

42 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

As said by others zooms are not relevant for statistics.

Alamy has not benefits explaining how they works and which customers are going to use it so Alamy will never tell the algo to us.

Simply don't take care to this waving behaviour

But others say zooms are relevant for creating the CTR which is relevant for where abouts our pictures appear in search results.  No zooms means zero CTR means images fall to bottom of searches means no sales

5 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

But others say zooms are relevant for creating the CTR which is relevant for where abouts our pictures appear in search results.  No zooms means zero CTR means images fall to bottom of searches means no sales

Zooms is just ONE param of CTR (and it's NOT well explained or crystal clear how they both affect sales).

Alamy says "just improve your keywording and keep uploading" .. that's all .... so don't care of the rest.

23 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

Zooms is just ONE param of CTR 

You are getting confused. You mean CTR is one element of ranking.

CTR stands for Click Through Rate. 

23 hours ago, Colblimp said:

I could care less about the number of zooms I get - sales is all I'm bothered about.  My zooms have always been low, but I'm happy enough with my sales numbers.

It is sales that are the final arbiter.  I am 99% a live news shooter so I do not expect lots of zooms.  With millions of photos on Alamy  and, it would appear, a frequently changing algorithm, it is almost impossible to separate the noise (randomness in some people’s definition) and signal to carry out meaningful analysis.  

Alamy is right, keep taking quality pictures that the customer wants, and accurately keyword.  There is no secret.

23 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

Exactly... more zooms increase CTR, so zooms can be considered a "parameter" affecting CTR

CTR is a straight mathematical calculation. 

2 views 1 zoom = 50% CTR

1 view 1 zoom = 100%  CTR

1 hour ago, KODAKovic said:

Zooms is just ONE param of CTR (and it's NOT well explained or crystal clear how they both affect sales).

Alamy says "just improve your keywording and keep uploading" .. that's all .... so don't care of the rest.

Views divided by zooms = CTR

CTR Plus other unknown factors = ranking

Best not to confuse the two.

1 hour ago, Starsphinx said:

No zooms means zero CTR means images fall to bottom of searches means no sales

btw i had my highest $$$ sale last year with the worst CTR ever..... 'cause i had too many views.

So i simply suggest don't care about zooms falling down, sales depend on too many factors to control just one aspect

10 minutes ago, Sally said:

Views divided by zooms = CTR

CTR Plus other unknown factors = ranking

Best not to confuse the two.

:) nearly . . . Zooms divided by Views (x 100) = CTR.

DD

12 minutes ago, Sally said:

Ah yes, best to be precise, too :)

Indeed. If it was as you said "views divided by zooms" we'd all have a very, very, VERY healthy CTR.

DD

Archived