Almost impossible to upload images

I don't know if it a coincidence or not, but after I bought a new MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave, I am struggling to upload images via AIM. Most of the time it just sits there on image 1 and does nothing no matter how long I wait. After many attempts it may eventually succeed but it is very painful even for a small number of images. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem recently?

Anyone else using the same setup as me? 

Andy

I don’t believe it’s the laptop, but I’ve noticed some quirks with Mohave. Although I recently had an upload on my iMac zip through, like it did once upon a time. Usually I have experiences like your having. I also believe a lot of the trouble is on Alamy’s end. I think they need to upgrade equipment.

if I have an upload that doesn’t take an hour or two for 10 images, that’s strange, these days.

Betty

I have real problems this week - just cant get uploads to go through

when they eventually do after many times of trying - they are not all showing in Alamy Images as having been received - so am having to send again

I contacted MS and they didnt believe they have a problem there end - bust im using the same computer as always - and have tried FTP as well - still no better

Bizarely last night i did eventually send three submissions - one had 10 images in it and 4 passed QC and 6 are still in QC - never seen that before either

I too have had very very slow uploads this week.  One image claimed upload error but when the submission was

finally uploaded I tried again and it went through.  It isn't Mojave because I don't have it yet.

Having experienced painfully slow uploads, one did make it through at the normally speedy rate.

Hmmm.

18 hours ago, andremichel said:

I don't know if it a coincidence or not, but after I bought a new MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave, I am struggling to upload images via AIM. Most of the time it just sits there on image 1 and does nothing no matter how long I wait. After many attempts it may eventually succeed but it is very painful even for a small number of images. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem recently?

Anyone else using the same setup as me? 

Andy

Have you tried a different browser (Firefox if you are using Safari)? It might not have any effect but it can do.

5 minutes ago, MDM said:

Have you tried a different browser (Firefox if you are using Safari)? It might not have any effect but it can do.

I tried Safari and Chrome. I guess I could try Firefox too (I need to download it). 

Just now, andremichel said:

I tried Safari and Chrome. I guess I could try Firefox too (I need to download it). 

It probably won't make a difference but it is worth having I think. I think it sticks fairly rigidly to whatever protocol browsers are supposed to follow.

Could not upload the last two days. To slow and stalling.

Mac OS high Sierra. Believe this must be something on Alamy's server.

Edit: Right now apparently it is suddenly working fine. Should complain earlier ;)

Edit: upload error after 21 images went through.:huh:

17 hours ago, Kathy deWitt said:

can't upload.....4:32pm Wed 23rd Jan.

Upload went fine later that same evening between 10pm and 11pm.  Might be an idea to avoid uploading

immediately after submission succeed in passing QC??  I always upload more when I get this OK and it

might be a busy time for all.

Archived