GET RID OF CAPTCHA NOW

Phil Robinson

4 hours ago, Sharon said:

You would think the computer could recognize an IP address as someone who is registered as contributor.

In the modern world of dynamic IP and VPN that is not always possible

DD

Edited by dustydingo
added "always"

• 1 month later...

Five images and 24 clicks to get in today. That is completely unacceptable!!!

It seems to me that there is some sort of "tuning" ability, i.e. how hard it is to complete a successful login. At the moment the dial is turned up way too high - make it virtually impossible for anyone to sign in unless they have eyes like a hawk and endless patience. This really won't do Alamy!

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

On a very slow connection while travelling, this stopped me getting in at all. If the connection is too slow, there is an error message along the lines of “recaptcha timed out”.  It makes access impossible in these circumstances. Of course, if the connection is too slow for captcha to work, it is going to take a very long time to get any meaningful information from Alamy, but the security should not defeat access entirely on slow connections. 

• 3 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but why oh why do I need to go through captcha to log into my dashboard during the working week?🤢

I put the green smilie 'cause I'm SICK of it.

Allan

I like Captcha. 

Wait until a robot hacks your captcha free account and redirects your monthly Alamy money to hackers in Tajikistan. What will you say then?

Oh oh my money disappeared because James West dresses poorly.

Easy to get it first time, as long as you are not excessively orderly and fussy (supposedly owing to conflict over toilet-training in infancy).

Damn I had to go through Captcha twice in order to post this.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

I like Captcha. 

Wait until a robot hacks your captcha free account and redirects your monthly Alamy money to hackers in Tajikistan. What will you say then?

Oh oh my money disappeared because James West dresses poorly.

Easy to get it first time, as long as you are not excessively orderly and fussy (supposedly owing to conflict over toilet-training in infancy).

Damn I had to go through Captcha twice in order to post this.

Though it can be a pain I quite agree that it is necessary in today's world.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that some system is necessary, but why can't somebody develop one that works? If getting through the system that requires us to recognise a traffic light or a fire hydrant, is it too much to expect the system itself to know what they look like? And it's difficult to know whether a collection of bricks and a bit of a window are part of a shopfront. 

Have a security feature, fine, but one that can at least do what it is asking us to do, and can be used on a mobile phone without use of a magnifying glass.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...