Jump to content
Sultanpepa

Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Today I woke up to a $$$ sale (direct, 50%) of an image captured on on a trip to my local grocery store just down the street. My share will more than pay for the few items that I bought that day. Glad I packed a camera.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Today I woke up to a $$$ sale (direct, 50%) of an image captured on on a trip to my local grocery store just down the street. My share will more than pay for the few items that I bought that day. Glad I packed a camera.

 

That should be a lesson to us all.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2019 at 03:44, NYCat said:

I like "cleared" and "uncleared". I tended to forget what the symbols stood for since my brain interpreted o as being zero and therefore not good. Or do I have it confused again?

 

Paulette

 

I've had quite a few images taken within a few blocks of my house license, including a couple of other $$$ ones, and I live in a quiet residential area with not a lot going on -- more squirrels and crows around than lions and tigers. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

direct $201 sale this morning (TV use),

a nice gift for my birthday today :), thanks Alamy

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best end of month surge for a while with 11 sales so far today.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic end of month surge with the better part of thirty, largely newspaper, sales.  Not great prices (one at top end of $$ was the best).  But the overall revenue the highest I have ever achieved.  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had the "month end"  sales show up, very pleasantly surprised with a number of 3 figure news sales that I wasn't aware of.  It's good to see that my ideas of what might sell as topical,  is working now, even from the darkest depths of Cornwall. Hats off to our adopted family member Titan for being in a good number of  uses this month .. love the little guy. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Six sales so far this month. Four personal use, one presentation and one exam paper. Heading towards $$$ mostly with licences that many choose to opt out of. I tend to think that whether it's $1, $10, $100 or $1000 (OK, $1, $10 or $100) it's better off in my account than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just moved past the 500 sales since joining Alamy. I have no more idea of what sells now than I did way back when. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Just moved past the 500 sales since joining Alamy. I have no more idea of what sells now than I did way back when. 😂

Congratulations Dougie! Gonna take me a while to get to that stage but it prompted me to look at my dashboard and found I am just past the 200 mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sally said:

Congratulations Dougie! Gonna take me a while to get to that stage but it prompted me to look at my dashboard and found I am just past the 200 mark.

 

Thanks Sally. It shouldn't take you too long with 12,000 images. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Just moved past the 500 sales since joining Alamy. I have no more idea of what sells now than I did way back when. 😂

Maybe but judging by the numbers you have about 3 times as much no idea as I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Maybe but judging by the numbers you have about 3 times as much no idea as I have.

 

lol🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

funds from a rare "Usage: Advertising and promotion" sale just cleared, don't have to worry about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold today 105$ RM for a television show after about 2 months quite dry (a pic of my mom...the fabolous 60s)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$211 for a calendar sale to Japan - distributor sale, unfortunately, but still

 

Alex

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

First sale ever for me (actually 2 sales from one buyer), i upload pictures from begining of this year. Low price, distributor sales ... but finally i have sale(s). Hope next one will be not after 5 months.

Edited by peter_m
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, peter_m said:

First sale ever for me (actually 2 sales from one buyer), i upload pictures from begining of this year. Low price, distributor sales ... but finally i have sale(s). Hope next one will be not after 5 months.

 

Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After four $1.25 sales , pleased to see two $$$ drop in 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I though I'd entered incorrect dates or something, but thirteen sales reported today. Mostly UKNS low $$ and mid $ but all welcome, with a few incorrectly licensed as 'Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 01-January-1900 ; End: 01-January-1905'

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Avpics said:

 Start: 01-January-1900 ; End: 01-January-1905'

 

 

Tha's just archive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Tha's just archive.

They're from the London Marathon 2019, rather than Athens in 1896. Now I've gathered my thoughts I've realised that a number of these sales should be Live News. God 'elp us if these are the correct values, as there's really no point carrying on with it if so. I'll have to check

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Avpics said:

They're from the London Marathon 2019, rather than Athens in 1896. Now I've gathered my thoughts I've realised that a number of these sales should be Live News. God 'elp us if these are the correct values, as there's really no point carrying on with it if so. I'll have to check

I’m afraid the lower prices may 

well be live news rates. I think Alamy will be getting a few emails querying them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sally said:

I’m afraid the lower prices may 

well be live news rates. I think Alamy will be getting a few emails querying them!

Yes, they've confirmed them as correct. Next time I go to an event I'll stick a cap on the floor and hope for donations. It'll probably be more rewarding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.