Sultanpepa

Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

Today I officially topped my 2018 total gross revenue. Also, I'm now only five sales away from last year's total sales volume, so it has been a positive year so far despite all the rumours of impending doom and gloom. 🥴

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Today I officially topped my 2018 total gross revenue. Also, I'm now only five sales away from last year's total sales volume, so it has been a positive year so far despite all the rumours of impending doom and gloom. 🥴

That's great John!  I'll be lucky if I meet last year's totals...time will tell.

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

That's great John!  I'll be lucky if I meet last year's totals...time will tell.

To put things in perspective, though. Last year's gross income was 40% lower than my best year on Alamy, when I had far fewer images. Also, 2018's gross income was less than 2017's, which was in turn less than 2016's. Still, the uptick is an encouraging sign. The past two months have been especially good, and this one is looking positive as well so far. 

• Like 1

I’m way over gross revenue this year as of today, compared to all of ‘18, with about 40% fewer licenses.

For me, it’s about increasing the revenue per image over number of licenses. One $100 license is worth more than ten $6-10 ones.

Well done, Alamy.

With a average for this year last quarter, it’s not out of the question I could double last year’s income with the same or fewer licenses.

Betty

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just had a direct sale, $176, for a shot of village cricket...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Just had a direct sale, $176, for a shot of village cricket...

No ashes lying around? . . .

DD

$190 direct sale just dropped in this morning for an archival pic

Alex

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not a sales result, but I'm happy to have now reached 2000 images in my port.   Relatively small compared to the big players here, and it's only taken 6 years (!), but this isn't my full time gig and I tend to mainly take photos of what I find interesting.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just passed my previous record high sales (2017), thank you Alamy!

• Upvote 2

Today I reached the same number of sales I had in all of last year. Revenue lagging but three months more to go.

Paulette

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Today I reached the same number of sales I had in all of last year. Revenue lagging but three months more to go.

Paulette

Well done, Paulette. Would you believe I've also reached the same number of sales today as I had all last year too! Bit more successful on the revenue front -  I'm already up around 40% thanks to a few $$$ sales creeping in.

Jim :)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Well done, Paulette. Would you believe I've also reached the same number of sales today as I had all last year too! Bit more successful on the revenue front -  I'm already up around 40% thanks to a few $$$ sales creeping in.

Jim :)  

Good for you. I had some tiny sales creep in this year so hoping for no more of them.

Paulette

Today a previous zoom converted into a sale for $76 (direct and exclusive.) The last sale I had that side of $50 was in 2016, so a welcome boost.

• Like 1

I reached $50,000 gross today.

Kudos to Alamy as I've got a small editorial port, so they've done well.

It took me 1638 sales and 11 years.

My highest earning image has nine sales for $729 gross

I haven't had any sales over $300 gross, probably because I don't have commercial images.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Today I have reached $10,002 total gross sales. My first few years were only one or two sales and then it started to improve for me. Quite happy these days,

Paulette

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

My third sale yesterday took my total Alamy sales to 666 \m/ (not this image, that would indeed by spooky!)

mercedes-230e-saloon-car-looking-forlorn-special-number-plate-hils-666-number-of-the-beast-registration-plate-hil-5666-green-algae-growth-T8P6PY.jpg

A small sale today has taken me to 667, so my soul is safe.

• Haha 3

The tingle of delight when you take an image of a much covered 'area' (no clues) :D knowing in your mind (with only the tiniest of doubt) that you have the competition beaten and then confirmed when that image starts selling again and again for top $$

Just need a whole bundle more now!

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Logged into Alamy last night to find a nice surprise had dropped yesterday evening.  My highest to date Alamy RM sale $277.50 - North America Editorial 1 page Front Cover.    A 9 yr old image to boot.

Edited by Phil
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just passed the $50000 ($50384)The bad news its dollars,gross and took 820 sales to do it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

On 05/10/2019 at 05:32, regen said:

Just passed the $50000 ($50384)The bad news its dollars,gross and took 820 sales to do it. 

Bravo!

At 61.44 your total average is higher than mine: 58.19. So don't knock it.

wim

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

After a few months of declining sales volume and values, had a sale just shy of $180 gross pop in today (big biz; marketing). First of the month.

On 07/10/2019 at 16:00, wiskerke said:

Ouch.    $38.16 gross here, also down -14% re 2018.

Maybe not suited for this thread 🙄.

wim

Takes my 2019 avg gross/img to $42.17, which currently beats the last two years.

Edited by losdemas
  • Upvote 1

Reached 3000 image milestone and sold a live news image today.😃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

$125 direct license popped in today. Always nice to see. 

• Upvote 2