Jump to content
Sultanpepa

Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

Recommended Posts

A $230 book sale yesterday. It has a letter "A" ref code, was taken in 2007 with a 6 mp Nikon D70. Alamy still delivers.

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three sales came in this morning, all to the same buyer and all from the same shoot (different photos) for an editorial book.  $125 each (direct and exclusive)!

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One sale appeared this morning for €119 - but that's not the positive bit.  I've matched the sales I did for the whole of last year.  With 4 months of the year left, I'm excited!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A milestone for me today with my total (gross) sales topping $10,000 since I started in March 2017 with 262 images sold. Just under half of that is for this year only (122 images). Not counting today's editorial sales which have just popped in.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three live news and five UKNS in today. Totaling just into the $$$ realm, but it's a great boost when pressing 'go' results in something so substantial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sally said:

A milestone for me today with my total (gross) sales topping $10,000 since I started in March 2017 with 262 images sold. Just under half of that is for this year only (122 images). Not counting today's editorial sales which have just popped in.

 

Almost 15,000 images uploaded in two and a half years: that's good going (and a reminder to those who complain about poor sales that hard work pays off)...

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

 

Almost 15,000 images uploaded in two and a half years: that's good going (and a reminder to those who complain about poor sales that hard work pays off)...

 

Absolutely: well deserved, Sally.

 

Meanwhile...I should get to 3,000 by about 2021!

 

I'll try not to complain too much - but no promises! 😅

Edited by losdemas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been lucky in the last 3 months total sales $190  for 2 photos one of the photos was for $174 they  want to use it for 3 years,.these are my first sold photos since joining Alamy so i think myself very lucky  as have not many images for sale,

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Congratulations Vicky, I could do with sales like that to go towards an injector replacement for my car.

Edited by sb photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

 

Almost 15,000 images uploaded in two and a half years: that's good going (and a reminder to those who complain about poor sales that hard work pays off)...

 

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

 

Absolutely: well deserved, Sally.

 

Meanwhile...I should get to 3,000 by about 2021!

 

I'll try not to complain too much - but no promises! 😅

Many thanks, both! Yes, it does feel like a full-time job....not what I set out to do, but having lots of fun in the process!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

.

Edited by Jan Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Much to my surprise, three $$$ sales showed up this morning.

 

This makes five  two $$$ licenses this month, which leads me to believe that Alamy's move to more exclusivity is starting to pay off.

 

UPDATE: Uh-oh. Looks as if I used "Date paid" rather than "Date of invoice" when checking my sales report -- i.e. these were three old sales. How embarrassing. Still a very good month, though. Yesterday, my eye doctor told me that me that I will need cataract surgery soon, so I can use use failing vision as an excuse for the time being. 🤓

 

 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sally said:

A milestone for me today with my total (gross) sales topping $10,000 since I started in March 2017 with 262 images sold. Just under half of that is for this year only (122 images). Not counting today's editorial sales which have just popped in.

That's amazing - you've been here 2 years less than me but have a lot more images, sales and sales value than me - well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

That's amazing - you've been here 2 years less than me but have a lot more images, sales and sales value than me - well done!

There’s a lot going on in and around Edinburgh for news. I also do a lot of traveling. Thanks for the comment.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sally said:

A milestone for me today with my total (gross) sales topping $10,000 since I started in March 2017 with 262 images sold. Just under half of that is for this year only (122 images). Not counting today's editorial sales which have just popped in.

 

 

As Mr Punch would say, "Thats the way to do it..." Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/08/2019 at 07:30, Colblimp said:

One sale appeared this morning for €119 - but that's not the positive bit.  I've matched the sales I did for the whole of last year.  With 4 months of the year left, I'm excited!

 

I too have a larger number of sales and higher revenue at this stage than all of 2018.  August was my best month ever with number of sales three times larger than average and revenue six times larger than average.  (Political events around Brexit appears to be the driver) 

 

Having said the above my sales are close to insignificant when compared to top contributors such as reg snapper.  And, as I often say,  any one contributors numbers are “noise” given the number of contributors and images uploaded each day....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IanDavidson said:

 

I too have a larger number of sales and higher revenue at this stage than all of 2018.  August was my best month ever with number of sales three times larger than average and revenue six times larger than average.  (Political events around Brexit appears to be the driver) 

 

Having said the above my sales are close to insignificant when compared to top contributors such as reg snapper.  And, as I often say,  any one contributors numbers are “noise” given the number of contributors and images uploaded each day....

My revenue is down on last year, which upsets me greatly! 

 

I'll never be able to match 'the big boys' (I include you in that), but I will persevere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first 8 months of this year my sales quantity is at 88% of last years total which was my best year. Most positive for me is the revenue side which has already surpassed my previous highest annual total in 2016.

An interesting point is that my average per sale (gross) last year was $18 and this year to date has risen to $31. 

Jim :)

Edited by Broad Norfolk
Clarification + rejoicing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice $300 came just now. 

 

 

Country: World English Language
Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 31 August 2019
End: 31 August 2024

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

A nice $300 came just now. 

 

 

Country: World English Language
Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 31 August 2019
End: 31 August 2024

 

 

A book cover - congratulations and well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My August was the highest revenue month since December, and September has already nearly matched February so will hopefully also turn out to return a healthy figure. Sure hoping that level can continue into the future

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/08/2019 at 13:01, John Morrison said:

 

Almost 15,000 images uploaded in two and a half years: that's good going (and a reminder to those who complain about poor sales that hard work pays off)...

 

 

Well done, that is some going and shows what is possible. I'm on around 4,500 for 2019 so some way behind you, and I think I also have more similars. 

 

 

Edited by geogphotos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

 

 

Well done, that is some going and shows what is possible. I'm on around 4,500 for 2019 so some way behind you, and I think I also have more similars. 

 

 

 

No, that's not my workload; I was congratulating someone else's hard work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

 

No, that's not my workload; I was congratulating someone else's hard work...

 

 

Oops! Well done anyway😶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.