Sultanpepa

Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

I like "cleared" and "uncleared". I tended to forget what the symbols stood for since my brain interpreted o as being zero and therefore not good. Or do I have it confused again?

 

Paulette

Always confuses me, Paulette! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my cleared balance on my first sale last year has gone from $0 to $1.  I guess that is a positive :lol:- I mean reading the forum I could have been waiting months or even years for that balance to clear.

It is a start - onwards and upwards is my motto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

Well, my cleared balance on my first sale last year has gone from $0 to $1.  I guess that is a positive :lol:- I mean reading the forum I could have been waiting months or even years for that balance to clear.

 

It's actually quite rare nowadays that waiting times are that long.

For me, from before October almost all has been cleared. Only 4 have not been cleared, including one from December 2017. Total sum $125, with one smallish distributor and 2 tiny direct sales. Say just over $50 net, which is the payout mark. However around $13,000 gross has been cleared over that period.

So yes there are some that take a long time to clear, but it's a tiny fraction. In my case the biggest and oldest one is from a client nobody and I mean absolutely nobody here with Alamy would like to lose. More about that further down.

October to December: only 11%  (6 out of 53) have not been cleared yet.

December: only 1 has cleared.

Some distributors seem slower to pay and one very good client from the US (they have a UK branch) is a bit slow, or maybe more precise: has very long production times (like a year or more) and will only start paying after the whole production is well finished and off to the printers. Big calendar companies can be worse: even when a calendar is made and published to the retailers, but it turns out there are no or not enough takers, the whole project gets scrapped and the calendar actually never gets printed. Which is why it's sometimes good that a client has very long time to report. Otherwise we would have far more refunds.

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

 

It's actually quite rare nowadays that waiting times are that long.

For me, from before October almost all has been cleared. Only 4 have not been cleared, including one from December 2017. Total sum $125, with one smallish distributor and 2 tiny direct sales. Say just over $50 net, which is the payout mark. However around $13,000 gross has been cleared over that period.

So yes there are some that take a long time to clear, but it's a tiny fraction. In my case the biggest and oldest one is from a client nobody and I mean absolutely nobody here with Alamy would like to lose. More about that further down.

October to December: only 11%  (6 out of 53) have not been cleared yet.

December: only 1 has cleared.

Some distributors seem slower to pay and one very good client from the US (they have a UK branch) is a bit slow, or maybe more precise: has very long production times (like a year or more) and will only start paying after the whole production is well finished and off to the printers. Big calendar companies can be worse: even when a calendar is made and published to the retailers, but it turns out there are no or not enough takers, the whole project gets scrapped and the calendar actually never gets printed. Which is why it's sometimes good that a client has very long time to report. Otherwise we would have far more refunds.

 

wim

 

Well, maybe now that they (Alamy) are taking a bigger cut, they can pay/credit the contributors immediately, and deal with late payments and refunds themselves, and not involve the contributors in such shenanigans :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chris_rabe said:

 

Well, maybe now that they (Alamy) are taking a bigger cut, they can pay/credit the contributors immediately, and deal with late payments and refunds themselves, and not involve the contributors in such shenanigans :)

 

Just in case:

My post is to be understood as positive result. ;-)

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now