How many did you upload in 2018?

4 minutes ago, Sally said:

I think I must be missing something obvious.  What is the easiest way to know this figure?

Go to AIM, on the left hand side where it says 2018 click on the blue down arrow

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

Go to AIM, on the left hand side where it says 2018 click on the blue down arrow

That just opens or closes the submissions (of which I have 508) but I the only way I can see to do this would be to add up all the numbers of the individual l submissions.

4 minutes ago, Sally said:

That just opens or closes the submissions (of which I have 508) but I the only way I can see to do this would be to add up all the numbers of the individual l submissions.

:o

You're right! Might have to do it the old fashioned way with a calculator.

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

:o

You're right! Might have to do it the old fashioned way with a calculator.

Once you have selected all the submission on the left, it adds up all the images and gives total top middle

6 minutes ago, andremichel said:

Once you have selected all the submission on the left, it adds up all the images and gives total top middle

Thanks. I can now correct my total from 59 to 526.

Just a bit off (blush)

400 for a miserable year. I thought it was more like 200 until I counted them! Then I did a happy dance and wondered how I managed 400!

Oh, yeah, many were moving house images. Not that one single one of those has been zoomed or sold. 

Sigh.

1 hour ago, Sultanpepa said:

I just counted in my head. It didn't take long. lol :D

Life is too short to count over 500 submissions :) The answer is around just over half of my total so over 5,000.

76 of which 5 have sold once for a total of 203 gross. All 5 from a couple of days in Finland.

$203 is 1.38% of the total for 2018 from 3.06% of the images.

My average annual upload over the years has been 185.

wim

Thanks for explaining how to get these figs. - didn't realise it was possible to do that.

No idea where I found the time but 163 submissions with an average upload of 30 images in 2018 and 155 submissions and an average upload of 41 images in 2017. 

16 minutes ago, Bill Kuta said:

25 submissions with 525 images (none in January, November or December). 

Three of them sold in 2018.

Only four of my 607 added in 2018 have licensed so far, I'm embarrassed to say. :(

My 2016/17 images have started doing better, but thank goodness for the oldies and repeat sellers...

36 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I noticed a lot of my sales were A, B & C. Very odd. Ou talents are obviously going downhill! ;)

Lots of those for me as well. My first sale of 2019 popped up today -- an oldie A image for $$$ no less, a good way to start the year.

I like to think that it's just a matter of the hill getting steeper... B)

This while trying and failing to keep up with fellow alamy contributor gvallee who seems to have recently moved to my area (Cairns, Queensland, Australia) and is blowing me out of the water in terms of technique, artistry, niceness and general productivity. Well done Gen.

1 hour ago, LSP said:

This while trying and failing to keep up with fellow alamy contributor gvallee who seems to have recently moved to my area (Cairns, Queensland, Australia) and is blowing me out of the water in terms of technique, artistry, niceness and general productivity. Well done Gen.

Aw... Blushing... Yours images are very good too. Plus you have underwater pix. Imagine: I live at the Great Barrier Reef and am not keen on water, let alone diving!!  Snorkelling OK for a little while. What I've got is time on my hands and the freedom of a campervan. So I move around a lot. Tomorrow I'll be doing 2 wildlife river cruises on the Daintree River, perhaps followed by Julatten on Sunday to see how the nesting Paradise Kingfishers are doing. I'm also back from Mt Surprise and Undara lava tubes, all in one week. So the number of shots increase easily. Plus with the Wet, invertebrates are back in my garden. I had a field day yesterday. 

Gen, I surrender, I am handicapped by a full-time job! 

I've noticed you're not into underwater pix but Carol at Cbimages has us both snookered there. 

Maybe we could have a Cairns Alamy contributors meet-up?

2 hours ago, LSP said:

Gen, I surrender, I am handicapped by a full-time job! 

I've noticed you're not into underwater pix but Carol at Cbimages has us both snookered there. 

Maybe we could have a Cairns Alamy contributors meet-up?

I was in your position for a long time. What a shame, prices were decent then... Your turn will come, don't worry.

I should add that although I add a lot of pix, I am not a big seller. 20 images per month is a good month for me. I hasten to say that no way it's Alamy's fault, it's entirely my own choice what I shoot. I occasionally grudgingly make the effort to shoot people, but it's really not my thing. 

I would love to meet as per coincidence, my New Year resolution is to be more sociable... you can PM me on the FB Cairns Photography page after the weekend. 

All the best!

Gen

Archived