Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Sharon said:

Thanks for your input, Betty.  Truly appreciated :) I`ve come to realize that food isn`t the thing to focus on.  I need to get out there and shoot life situations, but I`m hesitant to shoot people.  Historic buildings seem to sell well from what I`ve seen.

I am hesitant about shooting people as well - unless I am doing it officially.  However, I am forcing myself out of my comfort zone (at least when I have the time lol).  I think its going to be another of those things that once you get used to it you wonder why you ever had problems - but I am always worried someone is going to get stroppy and cause a scene.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AX2CFB Editorial royalty free. $$

Mrs Brooks on Nevis, Leeward islands. Always travel with your wonderful patient spouse, a selection of hats, and colourful beach towels.

Maybe even a Hawaiian shirt or two.

Nisbet Plantation Inn on Nevis Country of St Kitts Nevis Leeward Islands West Indies in the CaribbeanStock Photo

Edited by Bill Brooks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

:ph34r: Used in the current bun

Eastbourne, East Sussex, UK. 15 Jan, 2019. UK Weather: A bright but chilly mid morning in Eastbourne on the seafront promenade with people jogging and taking a walk enjoying the dry weather.  © Paul Lawrenson 2018, Photo Credit: Paul Lawrenson / Alamy Live NewsStock Photo

 

 

 

She’s cold, not threatening! 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

I am hesitant about shooting people as well - unless I am doing it officially.  However, I am forcing myself out of my comfort zone (at least when I have the time lol).  I think its going to be another of those things that once you get used to it you wonder why you ever had problems - but I am always worried someone is going to get stroppy and cause a scene.  

The only scene I had was while standing at the edge of the water shooting sandpipers. Two security guards gave me hell, basically called me a liar until I showed them the images on my card.  I got my revenge at the end by shooting the areas they accused me of shooting.  Revenge is best served cold...or whatever the saying is.

I’ve always been extremely law-abiding. But those idiots made me furious. They insisted I was with “the press” since I had a big Nikon on a monopod, and a 80-400 lens mounted. Geesh.  But that was in California.  Enough said.

Betty

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tree-like structures called supertrees which are vertical gardens, lit at night, located in Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay, Singapore

 

Tree-like structures called supertrees which are vertical gardens, lit at night, located in Gardens by the Bay,Stock Photo

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Verwendung in einer Präsentation/einem Vortrag (z. B. Powerpoint und Keynote) oder in einem Newsletter.
Start: 10 January 2019
End: 10 January 2024

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grey Highland pony in Winter sunshine.

grey-highland-pony-in-winter-sunshine-BFEB0K.jpg

 

Country: North America
Usage: Educational book. Editorial print + digital use. inside. One time use only. In context re-use permitted for life of title
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 17 January 2019
End: 17 January 2044
$ 105.00
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

The only scene I had was while standing at the edge of the water shooting sandpipers. Two security guards gave me hell, basically called me a liar until I showed them the images on my card.  I got my revenge at the end by shooting the areas they accused me of shooting.  Revenge is best served cold...or whatever the saying is.

I’ve always been extremely law-abiding. But those idiots made me furious. They insisted I was with “the press” since I had a big Nikon on a monopod, and a 80-400 lens mounted. Geesh.  But that was in California.  Enough said.

Betty

I am fairly used to hassle when doing one of my "official" roles of freelance for a local startup news place - it is focused on work of emergency services, and suffice to say Joe public is not at his best in those situations.  I do not have any problems handling that as I know I am in a specific role and what I am doing.  I just get far more nervous doing street stuff - there is a less clearly defined role.  I will get used to it - the whole get out of the comfort zone thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2019 at 14:26, Richard Baker said:

It often helps to have uploaded (just one frame) any personage you've photographed - in this case in 1997.

Seen (wisely cropped) on the obituary page in today's Guardian.

 

the-designer-and-couturier-joe-casely-ha

In case you weren't aware, the BBC have used this on the Radio 4 website.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commercial electronic, $$, 5 years.

As you can see, taken 9 years ago. Cull my port of older images? Not on your nelly.

CC2HMJ.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi all,

 

Sold this one last week for $200 in a large marketing package. Second time for this image.

 

usaf-special-forces-command-cv-22b-ospre

 

Then this one comes through this week for the same package and amount. Strange as according to the zooms, nobody has looked at a pic of mine since October!

 

lockheed-c-5m-super-galaxy-from-the-439t

 

Gary

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good month for sales but nothing over $$$  yet

 

Presentation use.  Low $$

 

sports-indoor-simulator-virtual-golf-at-revolution-golf-and-grille-KN2CEK.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday Telegraph (Print) 20/01/19

 

Newlyn, Cornwall, UK. 19th Jan, 2019. UK Weather. Another showery day for south west Cornwall, with early morning sunshine bringing out colourful rainbows over Newlyn and Penzance. Gig rowers were out practicing in Mounts bay as the rainbows came out. Credit: Simon Maycock/Alamy Live NewsStock Photo

 

 

 

Simon Maycock / Alamy Stock Photo (Live News)

 

plus an image of a stack of "Steamer Trunks" which I cannot find.

 

Sorry I was having a Bad Day - of course this should have been in Images Found in January. Apologies.

Edited by Russell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Russell said:

Sunday Telegraph (Print) 20/01/19

 

Newlyn, Cornwall, UK. 19th Jan, 2019. UK Weather. Another showery day for south west Cornwall, with early morning sunshine bringing out colourful rainbows over Newlyn and Penzance. Gig rowers were out practicing in Mounts bay as the rainbows came out. Credit: Simon Maycock/Alamy Live NewsStock Photo

 

 

 

Simon Maycock / Alamy Stock Photo (Live News)

 

plus an image of a stack of "Steamer Trunks" which I cannot find.

Page 21 of Sunday Telegraph has photo of steamer trunks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Russell said:

Sunday Telegraph (Print) 20/01/19

 

Simon Maycock / Alamy Stock Photo (Live News)

 

plus an image of a stack of "Steamer Trunks" which I cannot find.

Should this be in the 'have you found' thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 16:20, spacecadet said:

In case you weren't aware, the BBC have used this on the Radio 4 website.

 

I wasn't actually Spacecadet so thanks for the heads-up.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000222x

 

Edited by Richard Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs

 

detail-of-nats-air-traffic-controllers-s

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sale over the weekend: a bird-watcher with his spotting scope...

 

bird-watcher-with-spotting-scope-at-lakenheath-fen-an-rspb-nature-J4DBY0.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US website, app and social media sale for decent $$

exhibit-in-museum-of-pre-columbiam-art-s

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Tourists and local workers enjoying a sunny summer lunchtime in St Helen's Piazza, London. St Helen's Tower & Leadenhall Building. Flower beds, trees Stock Photo

 

 

Personal use!?

 

The gardener?

Two people who met there and are getting engaged?

The cheese grater building itself as a birthday card?

I would keep an eye out on Google Images.

 

wim

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wiskerke said:

 

The gardener?

Two people who met there and are getting engaged?

The cheese grater building itself as a birthday card?

I would keep an eye out on Google Images.

 

wim

I did wonder myself, and more so when I see it had a search recorded on 'Modern Office building and workers'. (Directly linked, very ususually, the zoom and sale are recorded on the same row).

 

The last time I questioned an unlikely personal use (because it was a specific group of people, but the recorded search term was very generic) they gave a very bland, shrug-off answer.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.