Signboard, Gawith Hoggarth Ltd., licensed tobacco and snuff manufacturers. Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria, England, U.K. Europe 

- Image ID: A5ME1J

Signboard, Gawith Hoggarth Ltd., licensed tobacco and snuff manufacturers. Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria, England, Stock Photo

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 28 January 2019
End: 28 January 2024

A mate of mine, David Levenson (who approves of me posting this) has sold this on Alamy a few times, he tells me. I wanted to post this because I like it so much and reflects what you can sometimes shoot from your office window chair, as he did here.

So when you're wondering 'what to shoot?' it makes sense to look at what's going on around you but then, to make it interesting!

Nice one, David.

uk-roadworks-repair-and-replacement-of-u

I am so chuffed about this sale. I took this in the 70's while in high school and took it for the school newspaper.  I just scanned the film in 2018.  

The sale was for television use for $$$!  It can pay to scan old film and upload it as archival!

usa-washington-dc-view-of-the-white-house-and-ellipse-from-the-washington-GAHJDM.jpg

AAAXCE Narcissus Slim Whitman

Usage: Editorial, One time use in a Museum Display, any size, Thailand only, for 15 years
Media: Museum display (single use)
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size

Can't help but wonder why a museum in Thailand would want a picture of a daffodil.

Was going to include the picture as many do here but could not work out how to do it.

18 hours ago, LSP said:
cracked-mud-on-dry-lakebed-of-rowles-lagoon-credo-station-western-CYGEWP.jpg
Personal use. Unhappy due to previous experience with these licenses actually being used for commercial purposes and having no recourse.

I love that one Susan. I would cringe too at the usage.

7 hours ago, Chris Burrows said:
AAAXCE Narcissus Slim Whitman

Usage: Editorial, One time use in a Museum Display, any size, Thailand only, for 15 years
Media: Museum display (single use)
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size

Can't help but wonder why a museum in Thailand would want a picture of a daffodil.

Was going to include the picture as many do here but could not work out how to do it.

I had one of those too. I can't quite make it out. Description says 'Museum display in Thailand' but if I download the sales report, region says UK.

Very decent $$ so I doubt it's Thailand. It would likely be through a distributor for a small amount. Puzzled.

PGKDXT.jpg

Archived