28 minutes ago, Sharon said:

What does enhanced use mean?

That's the first time I've heard of it also. Here are the details.

Usage: Enhanced business use, One of each of the following uses: Personal use, presentation, internal communication, student project, reference for artist, personal website, personal social media, personal print or card, business website, large book (unlimited print run, not front cover), large magazine/newspaper (unlimited print run), a full marketing campaign. Worldwide license. Excludes advertising.
Start: 23 January 2019
Duration: In perpetuity

14 minutes ago, Rico said:

That's the first time I've heard of it also. Here's the details.

Usage: Enhanced business use, One of each of the following uses: Personal use, presentation, internal communication, student project, reference for artist, personal website, personal social media, personal print or card, business website, large book (unlimited print run, not front cover), large magazine/newspaper (unlimited print run), a full marketing campaign. Worldwide license. Excludes advertising.
Start: 23 January 2019

I had a similar one yesterday, without the term "enhanced", though:

Usage: Business use, One of each of the following uses: Personal use, presentation, internal communication, student project, reference for artist, personal website, personal social media, personal print or card, business website, small book (up to 1000 print run, not front cover), small magazine/newspaper (up to 1000 print run), a digital marketing campaign. Worldwide license. Excludes advertising.
Start: 22 January 2019

It looks as if "enhanced" might mean unlimited print runs for the book and magazine/newspaper parts. Can't remember ever seeing anything as detailed as this. Mine was mid $$, which I thought was low for all the usages listed.

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

I had one yesterday, without the term "enhanced", though:

Usage: Business use, One of each of the following uses: Personal use, presentation, internal communication, student project, reference for artist, personal website, personal social media, personal print or card, business website, small book (up to 1000 print run, not front cover), small magazine/newspaper (up to 1000 print run), a digital marketing campaign. Worldwide license. Excludes advertising.
Start: 22 January 2019

It looks as if "enhanced" might mean unlimited print runs for the book and magazine/newspaper parts. Can't remember ever seeing anything as detailed as this.

Maybe  the word "enhanced" is worth a few dollars more;)

Portion of the Thailand-Burma Railway along the River Kwai, Thailand. sold mid $$

- Image ID: JTP688

Portion of the Thailand-Burma Railway along the River Kwai, Thailand. Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 February 2019
End: 01 February 2024
Single issue

On 1/23/2019 at 09:44, Hellonearth said:

GWRB0Y.jpg

Croatia, Editorial Website, Bulk discount, flat rate per image

Another pathetic sale. 99 cents to me after Alamy and distributor commissions. 

Be realistic, you can find zillions of similar images to that one on micro and other agencies pay .25 or .33 to you (sub).

.99 is a superb dl ! :)

26 minutes ago, Rico said:

Native drummers at the Tsuu T'ina Annual Celebration, west of Calgary Alberta Canada Stock Photo

Originally sold as an inside book photo by mistake back in March, it was topped up today for a cover after I notified Alamy of the error.

Here is the book

https://books.google.ca/books?id=oV10DwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Nice going. Good to know that Alamy has some Canadian customers. Hope they will be able to find some more.

6 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Nice going. Good to know that Alamy has some Canadian customers. Hope they will be able to find some more.

Wouldn't that be wonderful!

2 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

ER528D.jpg

Always surprised when this one sells, given the number of pics of the Queen available - I suppose it has a certain gritty, not-quite-sharp quality that some people are looking for.

When I search 'queen Elizabeth eye contact' I get only 109 results and very few are of the queen. 

On 07/01/2019 at 14:26, Richard Baker said:

It often helps to have uploaded (just one frame) any personage you've photographed - in this case in 1997.

Seen (wisely cropped) on the obituary page in today's Guardian.

the-designer-and-couturier-joe-casely-ha

I'm sure you're probably aware but the times online used this too.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/joe-casely-hayford-obituary-c8sqqkjkw

13 hours ago, John J Bloomfield said:

I'm sure you're probably aware but the times online used this too.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/joe-casely-hayford-obituary-c8sqqkjkw

Oh thank you John - no, I hadn't see that either! In fact, I've done an Image Search and because it's a fashion story, it's all over the place. Worth scanning a few years ago!

Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only"EU" 

fall sale this afternoon for an average price $$ (I'm happy) -
I do not interpret the use well. There is no deadline so I assume it is a single use.

SCIENCE ON A SPHERE - terrestrial globe connected to NOAA . Museum of the Sciences of Trento (MUSE), italy.

Risultati immagini per PAJ8G5 alamy

3 hours ago, Sally said:

Editorial US so nice $$

edinburgh-uk-3rd-jun-2018-water-of-leith

Congrats, Sally!... Good to see an image like this licensed as this is usually my subject matter ... on FAA anyway... I haven`t uploaded any birds here on Alamy, yet.

1 hour ago, Sharon said:

Congrats, Sally!... Good to see an image like this licensed as this is usually my subject matter ... on FAA anyway... I haven`t uploaded any birds here on Alamy, yet.

Yes, I was a little surprised as not sure common wildlife does particularly well on Alamy. in general

Archived