2 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

I am hesitant about shooting people as well - unless I am doing it officially.  However, I am forcing myself out of my comfort zone (at least when I have the time lol).  I think its going to be another of those things that once you get used to it you wonder why you ever had problems - but I am always worried someone is going to get stroppy and cause a scene.  

The only scene I had was while standing at the edge of the water shooting sandpipers. Two security guards gave me hell, basically called me a liar until I showed them the images on my card.  I got my revenge at the end by shooting the areas they accused me of shooting.  Revenge is best served cold...or whatever the saying is.

I’ve always been extremely law-abiding. But those idiots made me furious. They insisted I was with “the press” since I had a big Nikon on a monopod, and a 80-400 lens mounted. Geesh.  But that was in California.  Enough said.

Betty

Tree-like structures called supertrees which are vertical gardens, lit at night, located in Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay, Singapore

Tree-like structures called supertrees which are vertical gardens, lit at night, located in Gardens by the Bay,Stock Photo

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Verwendung in einer Präsentation/einem Vortrag (z. B. Powerpoint und Keynote) oder in einem Newsletter.
Start: 10 January 2019
End: 10 January 2024

Grey Highland pony in Winter sunshine.

grey-highland-pony-in-winter-sunshine-BFEB0K.jpg

Usage: Educational book. Editorial print + digital use. inside. One time use only. In context re-use permitted for life of title
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 17 January 2019
End: 17 January 2044
$ 105.00

11 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

The only scene I had was while standing at the edge of the water shooting sandpipers. Two security guards gave me hell, basically called me a liar until I showed them the images on my card.  I got my revenge at the end by shooting the areas they accused me of shooting.  Revenge is best served cold...or whatever the saying is.

I’ve always been extremely law-abiding. But those idiots made me furious. They insisted I was with “the press” since I had a big Nikon on a monopod, and a 80-400 lens mounted. Geesh.  But that was in California.  Enough said.

Betty

I am fairly used to hassle when doing one of my "official" roles of freelance for a local startup news place - it is focused on work of emergency services, and suffice to say Joe public is not at his best in those situations.  I do not have any problems handling that as I know I am in a specific role and what I am doing.  I just get far more nervous doing street stuff - there is a less clearly defined role.  I will get used to it - the whole get out of the comfort zone thing.

On 07/01/2019 at 14:26, Richard Baker said:

It often helps to have uploaded (just one frame) any personage you've photographed - in this case in 1997.

Seen (wisely cropped) on the obituary page in today's Guardian.

the-designer-and-couturier-joe-casely-ha

In case you weren't aware, the BBC have used this on the Radio 4 website.

Hi all,

Sold this one last week for $200 in a large marketing package. Second time for this image.

usaf-special-forces-command-cv-22b-ospre

Then this one comes through this week for the same package and amount. Strange as according to the zooms, nobody has looked at a pic of mine since October!

lockheed-c-5m-super-galaxy-from-the-439t

Gary

Sunday Telegraph (Print) 20/01/19

Newlyn, Cornwall, UK. 19th Jan, 2019. UK Weather. Another showery day for south west Cornwall, with early morning sunshine bringing out colourful rainbows over Newlyn and Penzance. Gig rowers were out practicing in Mounts bay as the rainbows came out. Credit: Simon Maycock/Alamy Live NewsStock Photo

Simon Maycock / Alamy Stock Photo (Live News)

plus an image of a stack of "Steamer Trunks" which I cannot find.

Sorry I was having a Bad Day - of course this should have been in Images Found in January. Apologies.

49 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Tourists and local workers enjoying a sunny summer lunchtime in St Helen's Piazza, London. St Helen's Tower & Leadenhall Building. Flower beds, trees Stock Photo

Personal use!?

The gardener?

Two people who met there and are getting engaged?

The cheese grater building itself as a birthday card?

I would keep an eye out on Google Images.

wim

8 hours ago, wiskerke said:

The gardener?

Two people who met there and are getting engaged?

The cheese grater building itself as a birthday card?

I would keep an eye out on Google Images.

wim

I did wonder myself, and more so when I see it had a search recorded on 'Modern Office building and workers'. (Directly linked, very ususually, the zoom and sale are recorded on the same row).

The last time I questioned an unlikely personal use (because it was a specific group of people, but the recorded search term was very generic) they gave a very bland, shrug-off answer.

If Alamy believe in karma then this is it. An image that I've added to a micro site in my 40% hissy fit so have had to change to RF Editorial, sold for pennies as RF hence no details. My loss. Fight another day.

flybe-atr-72-600-ei-fmj-airliner-plane-taking-off-in-blue-sky-from-london-southend-airport-stobart-air-operation-space-for-copy-PYFR54.jpg

8 minutes ago, Avpics said:

If Alamy believe in karma then this is it. An image that I've added to a micro site in my 40% hissy fit so have had to change to RF Editorial, sold for pennies as RF hence no details. My loss. Fight another day.

flybe-atr-72-600-ei-fmj-airliner-plane-taking-off-in-blue-sky-from-london-southend-airport-stobart-air-operation-space-for-copy-PYFR54.jpg

And if the micro sell it 40 times for the same price in the next couple of years the karma will be the other way

Archived