Personal use sale. ( ?? )

Passing train in Metro of Paris, FranceStock Photo

Usage: Personal use, Persönliche Ausdrucke, Karten und Geschenke oder Referenz für Künstler. Nicht für werbliche Nutzung; nicht zum Weiterverkauf bestimmt.

The first of the year...  :)

Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years

for a pretty good two-digit amount.
I'm happy, maybe this year I'll be able to do better. I uploaded a lot of other photos and set a few keywords ...
fingers crossed
Hi everyone

lorenza

Risultati immagini per alamy K0CJGN

view down the idyllic fruit orchards of Trentino Alto Adige, Italy. Val di Non, a vast fruit orchard in the heart of north - western Trentino, Italy

14 hours ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

My thinking as well. I don't understand why anyone is still in PU or NU. Opt out! I'm not in distribution either, by the way. I think it is self-fulfilling to have the lowest option in the price-list pre-selected and it ought to be changed.

I opted out of Alamy's "schemes", but don't see a way to opt out of PU. If there is, I'd like to know. I wonder if Alamy's sales staff is commissioned or salaried? There may be no incentive to fetch decent fees.

51 minutes ago, KevinS said:

I opted out of Alamy's "schemes", but don't see a way to opt out of PU. If there is, I'd like to know.

Just ask Alamy to put a restriction on all of your images for no sale of Personal Use licences.

They'll do it all in one go. Job done.

16 hours ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

My thinking as well. I don't understand why anyone is still in PU or NU. Opt out! I'm not in distribution either, by the way. I think it is self-fulfilling to have the lowest option in the price-list pre-selected and it ought to be changed.

I'll probably opt out of NU, but why opt out of PU when it pays more than many other recent licences? If the customer isn't using the PU licence legitimately it could well be that they could have got it cheaper by being honest!

Bolts of fabric on display in a textile market located in a French colonial building in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 December 2018
End: 01 December 2023
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

33 minutes ago, Fahd Khan said:

This is an awesome picture.

Khan.

Thank you Khan. We were waiting for lightning in the distance but I thought it wasn't going to work. So I switched to wide angle.

The light was amazing and the tide just right.

Gen

This came in last night.  It's the second sale in less than 12 months for this image.  

Grayton Beach, Florida shops.

Editorial Travel guides -print and/or e-book, Unlimited Print run, Inside,

Worldwide, Online PDF Rights Included; Duration: 7 years

Royalty Free Editorial Only - Part of my experiment RF vs RM - 

Small colorful shops near Grayton Beach a popular tourist destination on the Florida, USA, Gulf of Mexico, panhandleStock Photo

Rick

11 hours ago, Sharon said:

I love to see what`s selling... congrats to everyone!.. one day I`ll be able to include mine... hopefully... long ways to go though! :)

Sharon, your skill including both photography and developing is great. I would suggest to you, though, not to waste too much time on shooting common food items like fruit. As beautifully presented as yours are, those kind of images are done to death on the micros. So a buyer will probably go there first and get an image (also done well) for pennies.

Now, the image of your cupcake...fine. As far as food goes, take images of food that you have cooked or baked. While I have fruit in my port, (not many) never have I sold one, other than one of a pineapple showing my husband’s hands slicing a fresh one. Years ago!! 

I did sell an image of a cream pie I baked once for $700, packaging. But even those are seldom licensed and that was a one-off. Something I can brag about until the cows come home without much hope of repeating it.

I do get occasional zooms of my food, and occasional licenses. Presentation is everything, and I tend to cook my dinner then decide to shoot it, rather than think shoot first, cook what is needed, and have the items on hand to style it and light it properly. There are so many good food photographers here, so the competition is fierce. Where food is concerned, I tend to shoot from the hip rather than planning the shootout at OK Corral! :D As a result, my food photography is pretty blah.

Good luck!

Betty

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Sharon, your skill including both photography and developing is great. I would suggest to you, though, not to waste too much time on shooting common food items like fruit. As beautifully presented as yours are, those kind of images are done to death on the micros. So a buyer will probably go there first and get an image (also done well) for pennies.

Now, the image of your cupcake...fine. As far as food goes, take images of food that you have cooked or baked. While I have fruit in my port, (not many) never have I sold one, other than one of a pineapple showing my husband’s hands slicing a fresh one. Years ago!! 

I did sell an image of a cream pie I baked once for $700, packaging. But even those are seldom licensed and that was a one-off. Something I can brag about until the cows come home without much hope of repeating it.

I do get occasional zooms of my food, and occasional licenses. Presentation is everything, and I tend to cook my dinner then decide to shoot it, rather than think shoot first, cook what is needed, and have the items on hand to style it and light it properly. There are so many good food photographers here, so the competition is fierce. Where food is concerned, I tend to shoot from the hip rather than planning the shootout at OK Corral! :D As a result, my food photography is pretty blah.

Good luck!

Betty

Thanks for your input, Betty.  Truly appreciated :) I`ve come to realize that food isn`t the thing to focus on.  I need to get out there and shoot life situations, but I`m hesitant to shoot people.  Historic buildings seem to sell well from what I`ve seen.

1 minute ago, Sharon said:

Thanks for your input, Betty.  Truly appreciated :) I`ve come to realize that food isn`t the thing to focus on.  I need to get out there and shoot life situations, but I`m hesitant to shoot people.  Historic buildings seem to sell well from what I`ve seen.

Don’t be afraid to shoot people. Just don’t be in-your-face with it. Sometimes if you can find a place to sit, spend time looking as if you’re fiddling with your camera, you can grab quick shots when you see nobody is looking your way.

Women seem to be less threatening than men also. But discretion is needed, and as time passes, you’ll get a feel for it. Baby steps.

And those historic buildings? Shots with and without people if you can pull it off.

Betty

2 hours ago, Sharon said:

I am hesitant about shooting people as well - unless I am doing it officially.  However, I am forcing myself out of my comfort zone (at least when I have the time lol).  I think its going to be another of those things that once you get used to it you wonder why you ever had problems - but I am always worried someone is going to get stroppy and cause a scene.  

Archived