2 hours ago, roman t said:

First sale of the year! My new low.

aerial-view-of-new-york-city-with-east-r

NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity.

$1.23 gross

That`s insanely low!! I`m new to stock photography and seeing this makes me question my decision to get into it.

24 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Thank you. I had a refund of another image show up today, so technically I guess I'm back to 999. :lol:

Maybe an interesting comparison between your numbers and mine. I hit 1000 sales a few months ago (currently on 1085) but my total revenues are only half yours.

I can't complain about how this year started but now I've had another of those ridiculous novel use sales. This description does not sound like a novel use to me.....

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 January 2019
End: 10 January 2024

EWM1KJ.jpg

Keel-billed Toucan in the Central Park Zoo, New York City, USA

I am at Alamy because I don't want to sell for microstock prices. I am definitely opting out of novel use in April.

Paulette

4 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

My first sale of the year and actually a picture that I like for a change (rather than a boring shop front :) ).

Like Paulette above, Novel Use however ... so oh well!

The Seogyo-Dong, Hongdae area of Seoul in South Korea, busy with people at night.Stock Photo

Congrats - a very recently uploaded one by the looks of it - where was it taken?

Kumar

8 hours ago, Sharon said:

That`s insanely low!! I`m new to stock photography and seeing this makes me question my decision to get into it.

Yeah, that's on par with micro site sales.  Most of the sales here, though, are higher but farther in between than on micro.

The prices will continue their decline. Eventually photographs will be free of charge.

9 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

I always want to know what search terms were used when things like this sell......

DYA0DK.jpg

Ehh look in your Pseudonym Summary?

If you want to search someone else's image, try every keyword/phrase until you have the image land on the upper part of the first page. Consider using the New tab.

If you know the date you could trawl through AoA. Sales may only appear there after weeks/months even, and only a small part of searches do appear as having resulted in a sale for a whole lot of reasons. So a simple long trawl may just be as useful. Only with the apliccable keywords of course and don't forget words that are in the caption only.

So for this image it could well have been:

Any keyword plus Maidstone.

Happy bin - my first guess, but it's not in AoA for the rolling month.

wim

19 hours ago, NYCat said:

I can't complain about how this year started but now I've had another of those ridiculous novel use sales. This description does not sound like a novel use to me.....

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Start: 10 January 2019
End: 10 January 2024

EWM1KJ.jpg

Keel-billed Toucan in the Central Park Zoo, New York City, USA

I am at Alamy because I don't want to sell for microstock prices. I am definitely opting out of novel use in April.

Paulette

Sales like those were the main reason I opted of NU a few years ago. They look like regular editorial ones to me.

Beautiful toucan image BTW. Mother Nature really excelled with tropical birds. Such brilliant colours.

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Sales like those were the main reason I opted of NU a few years ago. They look like regular editorial ones to me.

Beautiful toucan image BTW. Mother Nature really excelled with tropical birds. Such brilliant colours.

Thank you, John. Zoos can present some good opportunities. It's not the way I would ordinarily compose that shot but there was something on the left I had to keep out of the shot. It leaves some nice copy space on the right so not necessarily a bad thing to need to make adjustments.

Paulette

2 hours ago, 79Photography said:

First sale of the year, or first 2 sales of the year. 

It seems to of gone through twice, same photo, for the same amount on the same day!! hmm.

Both a reasonable $$ :)

tradition-mud-cow-racing-sport-pacu-jawi

Great photo - lovely freeze of action

On 2019-01-10 at 17:07, aphperspective said:

old-school-building-covered-in-scaffolding-ireland-PEWXXC.jpg

Usage: Novel Use deal, Magazine, print and online, single use, any size inside, 250,000 circulation, UK, Magazine, print and online, single use, any size inside, 250,000 circulation, UK
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Industry sector: Government (local, regional, national)
Print run: up to 250,000
Start: 09 January 2019
End: 09 January 2024

Very small $ onwards and upwards. :angry:

How can a mag sale become Novel Use?

Rolf

Archived