3 minutes ago, gvallee said:

First two sales of 2019 dropped in. Here's one.

Australian newspaper.

CYKNT2.jpg

Holy mother of god - I'll do pretty much anything to get the shot, but getting that close to a beast like that?  No way, Jose!!!  Great pic!

24 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Holy mother of god - I'll do pretty much anything to get the shot, but getting that close to a beast like that?  No way, Jose!!!  Great pic!

Noticed it has lost a leg?

It was from a boat, there was no danger provided you kept your arms and camera in. Here's another shot from the trip.

CYKNTW.jpg

8 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Of Gatwick?

wim

Global Hawk military UAVs Wim. There seems to be some debate over whether there were actually any drones over Gatwick, but if they were Global Hawks I'm pretty sure they wouldn't just have been seen but triggered a Quick Reaction Alert from the RAF!

2 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Global Hawk military UAVs Wim. There seems to be some debate over whether there were actually any drones over Gatwick, but if they were Global Hawks I'm pretty sure they wouldn't just have been seen but triggered a Quick Reaction Alert from the RAF!

You're right, that is a serious looking thing.

Our dutch proverb jij ziet ze vliegen (litt: you see them flying) means you're seeing things (that are not there obviously).

wim

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Since it is the first sale of the New Year,

Freddie Mercury's house in Stonetown Zanzibar

tourists-at-mercury-house-where-freddie-mercury-lived-as-a-child-stone-CX2R51.jpg

Kumar

Wow - when I was there back in the day it was unmarked and quite difficult to find!  (Unless I found the wrong place.)

Pleased to have sold this I shot on medium format tranny as a student in 1989 exactly 30 years ago, has been used for an educational magazine. I only recently scanned all my old work too.

swansea-wales-uk-january-1989-a-group-of

Archived