2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Finally broken the duck. No licence detail yet. Low $$

H6MA56.jpg

BTW the image has only 19 keywords.

The licence detail is available if you download a sales report .csv file

Country: Germany ; Usage: Direct mail and brochures ;  Media: Travel brochures ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Print run: up to 20,000 ;  

Low distro

FKA99H.jpg

7 hours ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

How can a mag sale become Novel Use?

Rolf

Alamy seems to put in a great deal of effort to get sales they would otherwise not get, or so they say. This looks like an effort to license a photo real cheap, rather than try for a decent fee.

2nd sale of the year. Yet another PU use for peanuts

K479G4.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
51 MB
5184 x 3456 pixels 
2 MB compressed
Start: 14 January 2019
End: 14 January 2024

If it is one time non commercial use then why is it over a five year period?

1 hour ago, Hellonearth said:

2nd sale of the year. Yet another PU use for peanuts

K479G4.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
51 MB
5184 x 3456 pixels 
2 MB compressed

If it is one time non commercial use then why is it over a five year period?

Personal use, really?  It's time something was done about buyers taking the piss when it comes to licences. 

13 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Personal use, really?  It's time something was done about buyers taking the piss when it comes to licences. 

Trouble is its Alamy who issue the licence and its getting more and more difficult to interpret exactly what they are giving away. Do Alamy actually look at what they are licensing? Do they ever question the buyer? If its for personal use then surely there should be no variation in the licence conditions. 

the-shy-pig-crisp-white-australian-vintage-wine-based-drink-is-it-J26CNP.jpg

Sold last week, German description of its use for a product with English text,
Low $$
Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Verwendung in einer Präsentation/einem Vortrag (z. B. Powerpoint und Keynote) oder in einem Newsletter.
Start: 07 January 2019
End: 07 January 2024

Finally, first sale of the month. And it’s yet another sale of my best selling image. US magazine use nearly $100. Who would have thought that this would be so popular? Glad I took the time to take what was a very difficult photo handheld in poor lighting through glass.

exhibit-museum-of-pre-columbiam-art-sant

The more I read these threads, and the way Alamy is licensing, the less inclined I am to put in much effort, and invest the time with other agencies. I just keep popping back in to check for any info.

It just seems either 1) desperate, or 2) Like they don't know what they are doing (or, at least, not paying attention)

If they want to make more money, surely they need to stop giving away their content?

A Summer evening on the banks of the River Thames, Richmond Upon Thames, London. Walkers and customers of the WhiteStock Photo

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.

While I do think this pic could be used in either of these contexts, I think there's a massive difference in different types of newsletter, from the charity local branch newsletter I edited for some years which had zero budget, right up to the advertising newsletters sent out from huge companies with a massive budget.

8 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

The more I read these threads, and the way Alamy is licensing, the less inclined I am to put in much effort, and invest the time with other agencies. I just keep popping back in to check for any info.

It just seems either 1) desperate, or 2) Like they don't know what they are doing (or, at least, not paying attention)

If they want to make more money, surely they need to stop giving away their content?

My thinking as well. I don't understand why anyone is still in PU or NU. Opt out! I'm not in distribution either, by the way. I think it is self-fulfilling to have the lowest option in the price-list pre-selected and it ought to be changed.

a-wooden-fence-farmyard-and-a-conifer-tree-in-rural-victoria-australia-H3402H.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 08 January 2019
End: 08 January 2024

Archived