How was your 2018 (and December!)

December was a good month for me: 21 sales for $1062.

2018 was better than 2017, but that's not saying much ('17 was my worst month ever).  This years' 196 sales for $8178 gross was still worse than my results back to 2006 when I started in earnest.

I also did something I thought I'd never do, but Alamy made me do it: I started with a MS site.  Only $10 net so far, but with holidays and only a few hundred images, I'm hopeful.

Happy New Year everyone.

December was on the good side of average for me, 26 sales for $898 gross.

2018 showed a very slight increase in sales and a tiny drop in gross revenue over 2017, with 270 sales for $9644 gross. The steeply ascending curve of the last few years has definitely flattened out.

Happy New Year!

Alex

50 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

For bigger collections, Alamy will make all pix exclusive with a press of the big red button...

Unfortunately, not all of mine are exclusive - I have to find out which ones are.

Some subjects I only send to Alamy, so they were easy to do by pseudo, but the rest will take some checking.

I wouldn't want to be dishonest or inaccurate!

December average with 69 sales for $1645 gross - poor average of $24 per image sold. 

Only 2 sold for $$$

views and zooms about the same as previous Decembers which is always a slow month presumably due to many bank holidays and slowing for X'mas

full 2018 stats to follow

Kumar

OK, so stats for 2018:

2nd best year ever for sale numbers (856) , and third best for gross income ($26,554) (Best year was 2016 for both these)

Figures as follows for those interested in stats:

2016:   Sales: 868 (Best ever), Gross income: $27,798;  Average image numbers: 19,370

2017:  Sales: 821     Gross income: $27,221;  Average image numbers: 21,041

2018: Sales: 856 (up 4% on 2017, but down 1% on 2016); Gross income: $26,554 (down 2.5% on 2017 and down 4.4% on 2016); average image numbers 23,920 - up 9.8% on 2017 and 20.7% on 2016

For interest; divided geographically as follows

Images  taken in the UK -  % of the sales in 2018 were 56.2% (c/w 38% of the collection taken in the UK)

Europe:  % of 2018 sales was 16.7%, c/w 18.7% of the collection

Africa: % of 2018 sales was 6.8% c/w 11.9% of the collection

Asia & Middle east: 7.2% of sales in 2018 c/w 15.4% of the collection

North America: 9.5% of 2018 sales c/w 9.3% of the collection

Central America & Caribbean: 2.9% of sales 2018 c/w 3.4% of collection

South America: 0.7% of 2018 sales c/w 3.4% of collection (but only uploaded in the past year)

NY resolution: no changes.

Happy New Year everybody

Kumar

December was my worst month of 2018 with 6 sales for $108.

I've been averaging 14 sales a month and only need 10 in December to pass 2018 sales amount of 163 for the year, but I fell short by 3, so 160 for the year.

John.

Here's some stats which may be of interest to the more OCD challenged of you (ie. like me) - in terms of Image sales according to their age on Alamy for this year:

A images (ie images whose 6 digit identification starts with A)

A images make up 10.8% of my collection, but only accounted for 2% of sales in 2018

B images: 17.3% of the collection, made up 15.6% of sales

C images: 18% of the collection, made up 24.6% of sales

D images 12.5% of the collection but accounted for 22% of the sales

E images make up 8.8% of the collection and accounted for 14.2% of sales

F images  account for 4.2% of the collection and 8% of sales

G images make up 3.4% of my collection and accounted for 3.1% of sales

H images make up 5% of collection and account for 3.1% of sales

J images are 2.16% of the collection and accounted for 1.52% of sales

K images are 4.12% of the collection and accounted for 1.3% of sales

M images make up 4.15% of my collection and accounted for 2.8% of sales

P images make up 2.48% of the collection and accounted for 0.5% of sales

R images (the present initial letter) make up 1.41% of the collection and accounted for 0 (0%) of sales

Total number in the collection is 25,000 as close as makes no difference. Total number of sales in 2018 was 856

Seems to me the oldest images (ie. prefix A) did badly considering the numbers that there are, but C, D, E and F, prefixes punched well above their weight in terms of proportions of sales. B and G prefixes were approximately what you would expect, and from H onwards sales were less well represented, perhaps because they have not been on Alamy long enough - either that or I am getting worse as a stock photog. 

Kumar

Don't usually partake in these threads but I though I'd add this time due to the fact that I've seen a significant increase in prices...

Sold 1 image more in 2018 than 2017, but had an increase in gross sales value of 21%. $39.94 average gross per image. 

Phil

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Seems to me the oldest images (ie. prefix A) did badly considering the numbers that there are, but C, D, E and F, prefixes punched well above their weight in terms of proportions of sales. B and G prefixes were approximately what you would expect, and from H onwards sales were less well represented, perhaps because they have not been on Alamy long enough - either that or I am getting worse as a stock photog. 

Kumar

Doc:
It would indicate to me that you are getting better. H through R just need time to marinate in the Alamy special sauce.

Bill

Archived