Has the last day of the month 'surge' been and gone ?

31 minutes ago, Marb said:

I actually had a sale today that has saved me from a blank month so it does happen. I stand corrected (in a corner) 

The month isn’t over until it’s over 🤞

Well done. 

• Upvote 1

Sadly my surge never came, still 5 hours left though, but first month of no sales for 3 years. (normally 5-10 per month)

Still up on last year so still smiling.

Roll on 2019 😁

Happy New year everyone 🥂

Edited by Ace
  • Upvote 1

Still just the one, and I'd imagine that being NYE they'll less likely to be working so late.

For the spotters; 2018 Views: 117148 Zooms: 550 Sales quantity: 203 Gross value: $6757

2017                                                   Sales quantity: 145 Gross value: $4793

• Upvote 2
42 minutes ago, Sally said:

The month isn’t over until it’s over 🤞

Well done. 

Thankyou and sorry for being so negative of late. Gives me hope for the next year!

• Upvote 4

At the beginning of Dec, I thought there was no chance to match last year's total. But Dec has been surging, with 16 sales (best month of the year, four $$$, two $250+). That got me within spitting distance of last year's total (less than $200 shy). Total number of sales are 20% over last year. Per sale price went from $69 in 2017 to $54 in 2018, roughly 20% drop.

Happy New Year to all!

Damn - I had a refund today. Does that count as a surge?? :(

Luckily it wasn't a refund of a high value sale that popped in on 28th Dec which made it quite a good month in the end. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Mark

• Like 1

Not a sausage today, one low value distributor sale on the 28th.

Not a brilliant 2018 Alamywise, roll on 2019! 

Edited by Bryan
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Still just the one, and I'd imagine that being NYE they'll less likely to be working so late.

For the spotters; 2018 Views: 117148 Zooms: 550 Sales quantity: 203 Gross value: $6757

2017                                                   Sales quantity: 145 Gross value: $4793

I should add that having joined a micro agency after the 60/40 thing there's an additional 35c coming my way at some point in the future (a subject probably best to avoid here!)

• Like 1

OK year for me sales-wise. I managed to tread water and maintain my 11+ sales per month average that I've had for the past few years.

However, revenue continues its slow but steady

downhill

slide ...

• Like 1

I had a last (and 15th for the month) 2018 sale late yesterday (1st here in Oz) : a picture of a grave. I'm metaphorically putting 2018 to sleep. 

It has been my best year on Alamy, both in terms of licenses and $$$.

Gen

Edited by gvallee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, gvallee said:

I had a last (and 15th for the month) 2018 sale late yesterday (1st here in Oz) : a picture of a grave. I'm metaphorically putting 2018 to sleep. 

It has been my best year on Alamy, both in terms of licenses and $$$.

Gen

Well done Gen, your success does give one the incentive to shoot more variety and of course get the image numbers up..( great portfolio BTW )

Bill

1 hour ago, William Caram said:

Well done Gen, your success does give one the incentive to shoot more variety and of course get the image numbers up..( great portfolio BTW )

Bill

Thank you so much William. I like your portfolio too. I am no big seller by any stretch of the imagination but I enjoy very much shooting what I like.

Have a successful 2019 with Alamy!

Gen

• Upvote 1