Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Happy to sell image from old neighborhood - False Creek Marina and Granville Bridge in Vancouver BC:  

 

JNXTNB.jpg

 

https://www.alamy.com/panoramic-landscape-fisherman-wharf-granville-island-and-marina-from-image151180887.html

 

RF 51 MB 5472 x 3228 pixels 3 MB compressed,  mid $$ -- still at 50% :)

 

I got many from  the area I like better ( here and here and here),  but no complaints!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-enforces the conviction of always bringing the camera. Spur of the moment image, taken while bowling with the kids not too long ago (July) - and no that ain't me! Licensed as an RF with time restriction at an appropriate fee for the use I would say (smallish web use, news bulletin type). Real deep-pocketed buyer, glad to see them as customers here.

 

gothenburg-sweden-july-18-2018-lone-older-man-practising-bowling-by-himself-P9K5GR.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not an obvious image to upload, but I decided someone may be interested in the 'bling' and so it has proven to be with two sales today of the same image on that subject:

 

meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-carriage-procession-after-the-royal-wedding-at-windsor-on-the-long-walk-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-wedding-dress-MP0GH1.jpg

 

Note strategically placed 'a' over the ring!

Edited by Avpics
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Re-enforces the conviction of always bringing the camera. Spur of the moment image, taken while bowling with the kids not too long ago (July) - and no that ain't me! Licensed as an RF with time restriction at an appropriate fee for the use I would say (smallish web use, news bulletin type). Real deep-pocketed buyer, glad to see them as customers here.

 

gothenburg-sweden-july-18-2018-lone-older-man-practising-bowling-by-himself-P9K5GR.jpg

 

Mmm, I'll bet you were happy to get that sale! ;):lol: (sorry...I'll get my coat!) :unsure:

Edited by losdemas
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Re-enforces the conviction of always bringing the camera. Spur of the moment image, taken while bowling with the kids not too long ago (July) - and no that ain't me! Licensed as an RF with time restriction at an appropriate fee for the use I would say (smallish web use, news bulletin type). Real deep-pocketed buyer, glad to see them as customers here.

 

gothenburg-sweden-july-18-2018-lone-older-man-practising-bowling-by-himself-P9K5GR.jpg

 

 

That is great photo! Love the posture of bowler and how you froze him in motion, while the ball is rolling down the lane

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my regulars- 10% of my entire Alamy turnover, in fact.

My average for this subject is $86 (or was), but a disappointing distro fee this time.

 

Edited by spacecadet
Link to post
Share on other sites

The 10th sale of this image by Alamy, this one a direct sale for lower end $$$.

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 10 December 2018
Duration: In perpetuity

yellow-kneed-calipallenid-pycnogonid-sea-spider-meridionale-harrisi-ABXYA9.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a novel use sale that has me puzzled. I found it on a website recently and was expecting the sale. I honestly don't know what was novel about the use. Does this look like it should be under that special deal (and in perpetuity)?

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/norway/articles/13-reasons-why-you-should-visit-norway-at-least-once/

 

cute-little-polar-bear-cub-ursus-maritimus-sitting-on-an-ice-floe-FFHT4X.jpg


Polar Bear Cub in the Svalbard Archipelago, Norway

 

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NYCat said:

This was a novel use sale that has me puzzled. I found it on a website recently and was expecting the sale. I honestly don't know what was novel about the use. Does this look like it should be under that special deal (and in perpetuity)?

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/norway/articles/13-reasons-why-you-should-visit-norway-at-least-once/

 

cute-little-polar-bear-cub-ursus-maritimus-sitting-on-an-ice-floe-FFHT4X.jpg


Polar Bear Cub in the Svalbard Archipelago, Norway

 

Paulette

Lovely shot. :)

No, it doesn't/shouldn't, but there are no rules anymore. :(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, losdemas said:

Lovely shot. :)

No, it doesn't/shouldn't, but there are no rules anymore. :(

 

Thanks. I'd be willing to continue with novel use if I thought there was a real justification for it but this one makes me think I will opt out in April. Hard to be optimistic right now. I did sell this image once before for a good price.

 

Paulette

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NYCat said:

 

Thanks. I'd be willing to continue with novel use if I thought there was a real justification for it but this one makes me think I will opt out in April. Hard to be optimistic right now. I did sell this image once before for a good price.

 

Paulette

I must admit I did think I should put tightening right up on novel use and personal use abuses in my email to James - but forgot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.