Images sold in December

Happy to sell image from old neighborhood - False Creek Marina and Granville Bridge in Vancouver BC:  

JNXTNB.jpg

https://www.alamy.com/panoramic-landscape-fisherman-wharf-granville-island-and-marina-from-image151180887.html

RF 51 MB 5472 x 3228 pixels 3 MB compressed,  mid $$ -- still at 50% :)

I got many from  the area I like better ( here and here and here),  but no complaints!

Re-enforces the conviction of always bringing the camera. Spur of the moment image, taken while bowling with the kids not too long ago (July) - and no that ain't me! Licensed as an RF with time restriction at an appropriate fee for the use I would say (smallish web use, news bulletin type). Real deep-pocketed buyer, glad to see them as customers here.

gothenburg-sweden-july-18-2018-lone-older-man-practising-bowling-by-himself-P9K5GR.jpg

Not an obvious image to upload, but I decided someone may be interested in the 'bling' and so it has proven to be with two sales today of the same image on that subject:

meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-carriage-procession-after-the-royal-wedding-at-windsor-on-the-long-walk-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-wedding-dress-MP0GH1.jpg

Note strategically placed 'a' over the ring!

20 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Re-enforces the conviction of always bringing the camera. Spur of the moment image, taken while bowling with the kids not too long ago (July) - and no that ain't me! Licensed as an RF with time restriction at an appropriate fee for the use I would say (smallish web use, news bulletin type). Real deep-pocketed buyer, glad to see them as customers here.

gothenburg-sweden-july-18-2018-lone-older-man-practising-bowling-by-himself-P9K5GR.jpg

Mmm, I'll bet you were happy to get that sale! ;):lol: (sorry...I'll get my coat!) :unsure:

18 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

That is great photo! Love the posture of bowler and how you froze him in motion, while the ball is rolling down the lane

The 10th sale of this image by Alamy, this one a direct sale for lower end $$$.

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 10 December 2018
Duration: In perpetuity

yellow-kneed-calipallenid-pycnogonid-sea-spider-meridionale-harrisi-ABXYA9.jpg

This was a novel use sale that has me puzzled. I found it on a website recently and was expecting the sale. I honestly don't know what was novel about the use. Does this look like it should be under that special deal (and in perpetuity)?

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/norway/articles/13-reasons-why-you-should-visit-norway-at-least-once/

cute-little-polar-bear-cub-ursus-maritimus-sitting-on-an-ice-floe-FFHT4X.jpg

Polar Bear Cub in the Svalbard Archipelago, Norway

Paulette

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

This was a novel use sale that has me puzzled. I found it on a website recently and was expecting the sale. I honestly don't know what was novel about the use. Does this look like it should be under that special deal (and in perpetuity)?

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/norway/articles/13-reasons-why-you-should-visit-norway-at-least-once/

cute-little-polar-bear-cub-ursus-maritimus-sitting-on-an-ice-floe-FFHT4X.jpg

Polar Bear Cub in the Svalbard Archipelago, Norway

Paulette

Lovely shot. :)

No, it doesn't/shouldn't, but there are no rules anymore. :(

3 hours ago, losdemas said:

Lovely shot. :)

No, it doesn't/shouldn't, but there are no rules anymore. :(

Thanks. I'd be willing to continue with novel use if I thought there was a real justification for it but this one makes me think I will opt out in April. Hard to be optimistic right now. I did sell this image once before for a good price.

Paulette

11 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thanks. I'd be willing to continue with novel use if I thought there was a real justification for it but this one makes me think I will opt out in April. Hard to be optimistic right now. I did sell this image once before for a good price.

Paulette

I must admit I did think I should put tightening right up on novel use and personal use abuses in my email to James - but forgot.

Archived