Share your contributor portfolios

Alamy

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

It is definitely your portfolio and a fine one it is too but the link you have posted is not what it should be even though it works. It seems slower than it should be presumably because it is doing an Alamy search. It should actually be in the form: https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/114725.html

I got that url by copying the link under Share My Portfolio on your page. You should also be able to change the /114725 to something more relevant such as /kumarsriskandan although there is probably no hurry given that as you have told me before your name is unique :D

57 minutes ago, Doc said:

Very nice. Excellent idea you have mentioning prints/presentation use in your bio if you plan to post your profile link on social media. Those are the types of uses most people on FB, etc. would be interested in.

Edited by John Mitchell

17 hours ago, Doc said:

It looks like yours but the "Profile name" has not been filled in yet.

Allan

8 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Mine:

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/wimwiskerke

I wish there was a way to remove an image from a page and return it to it's place in the original order. But without resetting all the other ones to the most recent.

wim

Yes I was thinking the same. The way it is at the moment you need to be careful about what you send to the top. The other thing that I would like to see is one's forum link going straight to the portfolio page. I am guessing that the latter would not be a lot of work in terms of programming.

1 hour ago, MDM said:

Yes I was thinking the same. The way it is at the moment you need to be careful about what you send to the top. The other thing that I would like to see is one's forum link going straight to the portfolio page. I am guessing that the latter would not be a lot of work in terms of programming.

I think Alamy definitely need to make it so clicking on a contributors name - be it from the forum or from a photo on sale - takes you to that person's portfolio and do it sooner rather than later.  I guess there might be some issues with the fact that this is a new function and while those of us on the forum are very active choosing it other less frequent users probably won't be.  However, it does need to be made the default destination for name clicks and that needs to be done fairly rapidly.

Creating this portfolio page has been highly revealing. I've found gaps in locations I thought I had well covered and a paucity of really good images I was pleased to put at the top of my galleries. It has show I have much more to do. But for now, I offer what I can..

JY Images Alamy Portfolio

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Creating this portfolio page has been highly revealing. I've found gaps in locations I thought I had well covered and a paucity of really good images I was pleased to put at the top of my galleries. It has show I have much more to do. But for now, I offer what I can..

JY Images Alamy Portfolio

Like the way you have curated your images Joseph.

Allan

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Like the way you have curated your images Joseph.

Allan

Thank you for your kind words, Allan. This could prove to be a dangerous facility. No sooner had I read your post than I looked at my 'All Images' gallery again and decided to tweak the position of a couple of images, which turned in to tweaking a couple more and so on and so on. This could be never ending. 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Tim Mulholland/Illuminata Photo said:

So, I've prepared my portfolio, but I'm unable to update the portfolio "name." It's just the digitized URL assigned to me by Alamy. I've tried three different browsers. Suggestions?

I believe Alamy stated you had to set the URL to what you wanted before curating your portfolio as it could not be changed after.

Others may have found a way to do it though.

Allan

Thought I was correct.  Alamy quote "You can choose to share your portfolio as a whole or individual galleries. You’ll get a link you can distribute that will take users directly to the area of your portfolio you want to promote. When sharing a link to your entire portfolio, you can create a unique link formatted to “https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/[your portfolio name]” – this will be unique to you and once chosen can’t be changed so please choose carefully!"

In their blog. https://www.alamy.com/blog/alamyportfolio

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
Added Alamy quote

Here is my portfolio, temporarily without the banner image that appears to be unstable at this time.

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/billbrooks

I do not see this as a way to sell my stock images, but rather as a useful capability/credibility portfolio when introducing myself to new associates.

When I first started out in the arts I used to have a portfolio of my artwork in the form of hard copies printed pieces etc to introduce my experience and capabilities to new clients. Sometimes my new client, or even old clients, would borrow my hard copy portfolio to discuss with their management. Occasionally they would purchase an image out of the portfolio, but only if it was available as stock.

I expect my Alamy portfolio to be used in the same way. Therefore I only have one extra tab "Favourites" and the Alamy default tab "All Images". "Favourites" is my capability portfolio. I will not be creating tabs for individual subjects because they can search "All images" by keyword. So rather than having a "Transportation" tab let them search "All images" using the keyword "Transportation".

Bill Brooks

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/billbrooks

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Playing with this new feature has been fun and interesting trawling back through older images which has stimulated thought on what to shoot going forward and some keyword tweaking. No bad thing! However I agree with others who have wondered aloud how exactly it will help with sales. I guess most of us are here because we don't deal directly with buyers much, if at all. So it will be interesting to see if Alamy use these portfolios to find and promote images and with any luck boost sales!

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/alexhinds

20 hours ago, Tim Mulholland/Illuminata Photo said:

So, I've prepared my portfolio, but I'm unable to update the portfolio "name." It's just the digitized URL assigned to me by Alamy. I've tried three different browsers. Suggestions?

Yes, I read the piece about choosing my portfolio name wisely, but I've not been able to create and save a name at all, so I don't understand what's going on. I haven't shared the portfolio since I have yet created the name I want it to be.  

Just now, I checked my portfolio page and I'm trying to create a "portfolio ID." However, when I insert my name into the blank box and click on the "create portfolio ID" button, nothing happens and I'm left with my numerical portfolio ID.

What am I missing???

Edited by Tim Mulholland/Illuminata Photo
improving clarity

Hi Tim,

I had the same problem setting up my ID. My default browser is Firefox and it just wouldn't do anything when I pushed the button, so I tried it using Microsoft Edge and it worked first time.

Is this one of the browsers you've already tried?

Also, it has nothing to do with preparing your portfolio or creating your galleries. I had created all of mine before I was able to create my ID. It all comes down to getting that button to work on some browser or other and then it's set in stone.