Share your contributor portfolios

Alamy

1 hour ago, funkyworm said:

That's something I do with my website. Doesn't do any harm. Dun't do a lot of good neither.

I wonder if portfolio galleries will be indexed by Google and other search engines. If so, being able to add gallery descriptions (and a few keywords perhaps) might help SEO.  As it is, I don't believe we can add text descriptions to galleries.

Edited by John Mitchell

12 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Good question.... Where do you think would be effective?

Phil

If you don’t have an online presence already, I guess this might be of limited commercial use, but if you already promote your work online or have an online presence, the best bet is probably to just plaster the link all over that presence: personal website/blog, in posts/bios on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn/anywhere else, in your e-mail footer and so on. Currently thinking about setting up a personal website again, so it would be pretty cool to be able to embed the portfolio on personal webpages.

Perry

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Su Pei said:

Currently thinking about setting up a personal website again, so it would be pretty cool to be able to embed the portfolio on personal webpages.

Agree with what you said about social media, but having a website that handles sales automatically, I won't be using this nice feature to direct traffic away from my own site. For those without a site, this portfolio could certainly be useful when contacting prospects. I assume putting contact details on the portfolio page is not OK, as it's not ok in the forum.

Edited by KevinS
  • Love 1

I'm just experimenting at the moment, and I'll most likely delete everything and start all over again several times before coming up with something that I like.

Here's a gallery of trees that I've been toying around with:

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/651720/trees.html

Also, am still not sure how I'm going to use this portfolio. It's a welcome feature, though, and fun to play with.