Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Don't know if this has already been suggested.. an 'Add All' button would be good to add all images matching the search you've done to the Gallery when you are in 'curate' mode. Clicking on each image individually is a bit of a ballache! 

 

I also don't see a way to re-order your galleries (i.e move the tabs). As you add new galleries, you might want them to appear before existing galleries within your portfolio.

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Don't know if this has already been suggested.. an 'Add All' button would be good to add all images matching the search you've done to the Gallery when you are in 'curate' mode. Clicking on each image individually is a bit of a ballache! 

 

+1.

 

I asked the question if it was possible to add several images to a gallery from a search, but it seems you have to click on each one.

 

Not sure i've got time to add individual images, so probably won't be adding any galleries.

 

John.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Don't know if this has already been suggested.. an 'Add All' button would be good to add all images matching the search you've done to the Gallery when you are in 'curate' mode. 

 

We'll certainly look at that as an option for a future update, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Thomas Kyhn said:

Would be possible to make the round profile image optional?

 

If enough users request this we can look at it but as it stands this current design with a profile picture will remain. You can have a blank picture there if you so choose though.

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

On firefox and windows 10 - now seems to be working fine.  I have had a quick play - and shared the result on Facebook to check - and it all looks great.  Plenty of things to be sorted properly the next few days (weeks lol) but like what I see.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Alamy said:

 

We'll certainly look at that as an option for a future update, thanks.

 

Yes, a Select All would be very welcome. I get that this feature might typically be for tight edits - nonetheless, I have 500 in  a special project spread over 5 pages.

Edited by Richard Baker
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

I've cleared my issue with the Header image not saving properly. I chose another image and that worked ok, then reverted to my original favourite and that now works too. Probably a browser cache problem.

 

- thanks, this worked :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Alamy said:

 

If enough users request this we can look at it but as it stands this current design with a profile picture will remain. You can have a blank picture there if you so choose though.

 

Thanks

 

I think it would be a good idea to make the profile picture optional - and/or, make it so we can position it left or right or central.   Central seems the worst option since it gets in the way of the main image that you want people to see.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil Crean said:

Can't get a header image to load.... Choose one and just get 3 loading dots for ages

 

Anyone else experiencing this?

 

Phil

I tried doing it on an ipad. No joy. A laptop was fine.

 

It looks great.  Takes time to create collections though. It would be much easier if you could do it based on a search term, rather than trawling through a 10,000 image portfolio!

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/sallyanderson

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Alamy said:

If enough users request this we can look at it but as it stands this current design with a profile picture will remain. You can have a blank picture there if you so choose though.

 

I hope so. I don't think people looking at portfolios are necessarily so interested in what the photographers look like. And a blank photo, or some other non-portrait, makes it look a little like you're hiding yourself.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gorilla Dave said:

I think it would be a good idea to make the profile picture optional - and/or, make it so we can position it left or right or central.   Central seems the worst option since it gets in the way of the main image that you want people to see.

 

Good point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One problem I have noticed is that if you zoom an image ( say on the 7th page of your portfolio ), when you go back it always returns to the 1st page. This could become frustrating for anyone browsing your portfolio.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a nonsense! Nothing more than a titillation for the masses of rare contributors to Alamy. It is also IMO a device to cover up dwindling fees and say "look what we're doing for our contributors". 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thomas Kyhn said:

 

I hope so. I don't think people looking at portfolios are necessarily so interested in what the photographers look like. And a blank photo, or some other non-portrait, makes it look a little like you're hiding yourself.

I have just used my logo - the same as is my avatar on here.  Brand recognition and all that.

(she says rolling around the floor in hysterics at the very idea she could ever be or have a brand)

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Thomas Kyhn said:

 

Good point.

 

39 minutes ago, Gorilla Dave said:

 

I think it would be a good idea to make the profile picture optional - and/or, make it so we can position it left or right or central.   Central seems the worst option since it gets in the way of the main image that you want people to see.

 

Just a hunch but Alamy might not be able to offer a lot of design customization - at least not yet. They might be happy to get it off the ground and tweak as appropriate.

 

 

Edited by Richard Baker
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm stuck at the three dots in Safari too when trying to change the header image. No trouble in Firefox – but I wanted to see if the greenish tint that's added to the image has anything to do with the browser.

 

Addition: The greenish tint appears to be caused by Firefox. After changing the header image using Vivaldi, the tint is gone.

Edited by Thomas Kyhn
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.