Sign in to follow this  
Jill Morgan

RF Images with people and no releases

I quite often come across RF images with very recognizable people in them.  One photographer where every image is RF and tons of people images with no releases.

I know that when I am filling in the info on my images, if I choose the number of people, then the photo is automatically selected as RM.

Does this mean that these people are putting "No people" in there selections when managing images? Otherwise, how do they get them sold as RF?

The ones I was looking at the photographer has almost 10,000 images and is represented by an agency.

Jill

My guess would be it could be that the agency has not attached a release to the image on Alamy, but has one on file.  I see a lot of strange things going on with agency images.

The system is self-policing so Alamy only pick them up from time to time. Over four years I've had a few emails about incorrect atribution. Ultimately it's up to the user to sort out releases.

Hi Jill,

Many of them may predate the time when Alamy started not allowing RF with people in unless you had releases - I think that came in with manage images 2.1; before that you could say an image had people in, but you had no releases, and still market the image as RF, so many of them may have been on sale from several years ago

Regards

Kumar

Hi Jill,

Many of them may predate the time when Alamy started not allowing RF with people in unless you had releases - I think that came in with manage images 2.1; before that you could say an image had people in, but you had no releases, and still market the image as RF, so many of them may have been on sale from several years ago

Regards

Kumar

That would explain it. Cause I know it won't let me do RF if there are people and no releases.

I wonder, Kumar. My guess is the problem came when Alamy acquired all those other agency's collections. 

Jill, just make sure you do everything as Alamy wants yourself, and don't worry about what others do. Alamy would have to have a much larger staff in order to police 40 million images. 

• Upvote 1