1 minute ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Dessert and desert is a problem, but e.g misspellings of Tighnabruaich  aren't going to spoil other searches.

But then they're putting a few mis-spellings in their 'Wanted' list. <rolls eyes>

Too many ways to misspell Tighnabruaich ☺️

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I found quite a few of mine had the keyword 'filed' instead of/in addition to 'field'.  

It is one of my most frequent known mistypes. And I'm not alone :)

I0000HZru6wq4JzU.jpg

Yup: incredibly annoying that LR (well, v6 standalone, at least) has no spellchecker! :rolleyes::(

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Yup: incredibly annoying that LR (well, v6 standalone, at least) has no spellchecker! :rolleyes::(

"filed" is correctly spelt :+)

On 11/15/2018 at 22:25, wiskerke said:

Thank you Alamy!

It will however be very difficult to spot new entries somewhere in between those 3000+ current requests.

Could we maybe have a field for date added? That would make off line searching easier. For online searching in the current tool it would be of no help of course.

Is there any reason not to present it in the same way All of Alamy has been presented up to now? You know with the categories clickable and all information like UCO's. Where clicking the keywords will show what's on Alamy already at the moment.

wim

I fully agree - without this (the date column or sort by date function) I would probably end up not using it - which kind of defeats the object of it.

Even though I only use 1 category, the total today is 255 which is too many for me to scroll though/read each and every time trying to see whats new. I just used it for the 3rd time today and realized that I found it a bit of a chore (already).

I would need it online though as downloading CSV files is not my thing - nor many others I suspect who are just amateurs at this game such as myself.

Edited by Panthera tigris
typo

18 hours ago, Alamy said:

Whilst some picture needs are taken from customer searches, lots of them are from direct customer feedback and they are not necessarily typed into the tool in the exact way they would have been searched for. This means you should not use tags as "Images of" etc.

Thanks, appreciate the clarification.

Maria

4 hours ago, Panthera tigris said:

"filed" is correctly spelt :+

Yes, it is. But I wasn't really referring directly to the word mentioned, merely to the fact that it doesn't have a spellchecker. ;) :)

If I tick a catagory Alamy say it will link to lastest upload. What if they are from previous uploads, will it still be linked?

10 minutes ago, Janet said:

If I tick a catagory Alamy say it will link to lastest upload. What if they are from previous uploads, will it still be linked?

I think this is answered in one of Alamy's replies on the previous page.

"Ticking the “I’ve covered this pic need” box will help us identify uploads within the specific picture needs, but we are keeping an eye on the general search results too, so if people have updated their keywords, or forgotten to tick the box, it should be picked up."

Niels

Thank you, I didn’t see that bit. Must get new glasses.

I am just learning about this tool. I see the last post was in November. Just wondering if anyone had any updates on how it's working. Thanks!

Hi there,

There is a what can I shoot tool on the dashboard and it gives you the lastest pic needs

Hope this helps

Janet

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much, Janet. I was thinking about printing it out, but that's a long list they have there. But it's good to have a place to alert them we've met photo needs.