Alamy Measures, Customer Search Activity

Well if it's just the word, it's a word that's not been used very often, if it does not appear before that date nor after. Or is that not what you meant?

If it's the subject, it's the subject or the image of the subject that's rare.

Sorry, without knowing the subject nor the keyword it's difficult to talk in anything but very generic terms, I guess.

wim

9 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Well if it's just the word, it's a word that's not been used very often, if it does not appear before that date nor after. Or is that not what you meant?

If it's the subject, it's the subject or the image of the subject that's rare.

Sorry, without knowing the subject nor the keyword it's difficult to talk in anything but very generic terms, I guess.

wim

All I was trying to figure out why there was 0 results but when clicked on it, it brought my images up (and the answer is that I most likely added the search terms after it was searched for but I can't verify it since I don't remember when I added the term). I wasn't questioning if the word or term was used often or not or if it's a rare.

I think now I understand what you were trying to have me try.  If someone searched for that term again later whether it still showed 0 results or not.

45 minutes ago, tarsierspectral said:

OK, I found another instance where views are showing 0 but I have 2 images (which do show up if you click on the search term) and I know 100% that I did not add that search term to my keywords after the search was made.  How is this possible?

Could it be possible the client only searched for an image with or without people? Only RM or RF when yours are the other? Released / unreleased? Or any of the other filters?

wim

5 hours ago, tarsierspectral said:

I don't know.  How would I know that?

On your pseudonym page, there's a list of search filters:

RM - Rights Managed
RF - Royalty-Free
PR - Property Released
MR - Model Released
Land - Landscape
Pt - Portrait
Pan - Panoramic
Sq - Square
C - Creative
WP - With People
WOP - Without People
DT - Date Taken
AE - Archive Excluded
FS - File Size
PH - Photograph
IL - Illustration

CO - Cut Outs

Under Search Terms, any of the above filters which were used will be listed, e.g.

keyword phrase [DT] [WOP][RM]

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

On your pseudonym page, there's a list of search filters:

RM - Rights Managed
RF - Royalty-Free
PR - Property Released
MR - Model Released
Land - Landscape
Pt - Portrait
Pan - Panoramic
Sq - Square
C - Creative
WP - With People
WOP - Without People
DT - Date Taken
AE - Archive Excluded
FS - File Size
PH - Photograph
IL - Illustration

CO - Cut Outs

Under Search Terms, any of the above filters which were used will be listed, e.g.

keyword phrase [DT] [WOP][RM]

But on AoA there are no filters visible.

So if you're seeing a filter being used, it's on your pseudonym summary page and hence the client has seen your image.

If on AoA you see a keyword that you are sure you have, but there is no view recorded in your pseudonym summary, there are 3 main possibilities:

Firstly your image has not been displayed within the pages the client has viewed.

Secondly your image has been filtered out by the filters the client has used.

Or the client is searching for an image that is available to him/her in a specific scheme you have opted out of. This is of course also a sort of filter, just not a visible one. NU; newspaper scheme, those sort of things.

wim

39 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

But on AoA there are no filters visible.

So if you're seeing a filter being used, it's on your pseudonym summary page and hence the client has seen your image.

If on AoA you see a keyword that you are sure you have, but there is no view recorded in your pseudonym summary, there are 3 main possibilities:

Firstly your image has not been displayed within the pages the client has viewed.

Secondly your image has been filtered out by the filters the client has used.

Or the client is searching for an image that is available to him/her in a specific scheme you have opted out of. This is of course also a sort of filter, just not a visible one. NU; newspaper scheme, those sort of things.

wim

Wim,  I'm seeing 0 views in AoA for a given term, but there are 2 images that show when you click on the search term.  There are only 2 images in the whole Alamy portal so they would have showed up on page 1, so they had to be displayed within the pages the client viewed, no?

I have not opted out of any scheme.

So the usage of a filter is the only possibility here, I guess.

Archived