Everyday surrealism pics

John Mitchell

Alamy says that "everyday surrealism" is a growing trend -- not surprising given how surreal the world is these days. B)

Does anyone have any images that they think would fit this category?

Here's one of mine that I thought might qualify (not Photoshopped):

Bird's shadow

seagull-shadow-on-a-red-stucco-wall-with

Here is one of mine. I walk past this spot about once a week so the fairy door is everyday surrealism for me. Usually the door is closed. One day I managed to photograph one of the little people peeking out, but the camera immediately formatted the entire chip all on it's own.

Photo illustration of a small fairy door in a large cedar tree in the enchanted forest. An entrance to the Otherworld.Stock Photo

A great subject.

Alan's photograph had me fooled at first.

Think mine fits the category. I like the way the girl is looking straight at me.

Sforza Castle provides a backdrop amongst a field of corn, an exhibit at Expo Gate, part of Expo Milano 2015. Milan,Stock Photo

Sforza Castle provides a backdrop amongst a field of corn, an exhibit at Expo Gate, part of Expo Milano 2015. Milan, Italy, 2014

16 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

Those first two photos are really well seen and executed. And I am jealous because I would never have spotted them.

Not sure if you're referring to my image. Thanks kindly if you are. Actually, there was very little forethought involved. The pigeon's shadow appeared in the frame just as I was about to press the shutter. A surreal moment, I guess you might say.

I think that Bill's fairy door is very clever. Too bad he's starting to see little people, though. B)

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Not sure if you're referring to my image. Thanks kindly if you are. Actually, there was very little forethought involved. The pigeon's shadow appeared in the frame just as I was about to press the shutter. A surreal moment, I guess you might say.

I think that Bill's fairy door is very clever. Too bad he's starting to see little people, though. B)

John I was wondering why there is a what looks like jellyfish at the bottom middle of your image?:)

Allan

19 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

Starting to see? I have always seen them. Doesn't everybody?

I have never, to my knowledge, seen the little people. But I have seen people from the future when walking around Cambridge, UK.

Easy to recognise as they are dressed all in pink.;)

Took photos of them when I see them but the images seem to disappear from the card, or are never seen in the first instance by the sensor.:o

Allan

R1J3FE.jpg
Japan

There's a saying about Rotterdam that there they sell the shirts with the sleeves already rolled up.
It's about the eternal rivalry between Rotterdam and Amsterdam in Holland.
Is there an equivalent in English? The saying I mean not the rivalry ;-)

wim

Archived