Looks like a minor shake up - a different image at No. 1 and my images have shifted by a few places (mostly down). A similar shift on my main real life benchmark search too.

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Looks like a minor shake up - a different image at No. 1 and my images have shifted by a few places (mostly down). A similar shift on my main real life benchmark search too.

Yes, a minor rerank I think, although the  images seem to move around a few places each day.

I'm still on page 1, but gone down a couple of places.

Wim is now top of the pops!

John.

No substantial change for me.  Same pages, same rough position on pages.

14 minutes ago, Reimar said:

No substantial change for me.  Same pages, same rough position on pages.

Same for me for all the pseudos I keep track of.  However on real life searches that I check regularly there has been some shuffling of image order, for my own images at least.  They still start roughly in the same place though.  Not sure this counts as a re-rank as we used to know it but maybe some criteria for returning images have been changed.

Pearl

Mine's in pretty much the same place.  Disappointing.

I don't do BHZ anymore, but my test searches have about the same results

Mine moves one or two places either way but no significant change here, and its long term neighbours are still there too.

My "BHZ" image is back on page 8 in the top row.

However when I search the term used for my zoomed images they all appear on page one near the top.

Go figure. (As the saying goes.):)

Allan

Last post my BHZ image was on page 8 top row.

Now near bottom page 7.

Upwards and onwards.:)

Allan

Moved up again on page 7.

Allan

• Upvote 1

I am of the opinion, and it is just my opinion, that there will be no more reranks as it would seem that Alamy's system is now reranking all automatically on a daily basis.

Allan

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I am of the opinion, and it is just my opinion, that there will be no more reranks as it would seem that Alamy's system is now reranking all automatically on a daily basis.

Allan

I think so too.

John.

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

I can see where you are  coming from as there does seem to be fairly regular minor tweaks to ranking. However, they are minor and I don't see how newcomers or people creating new pseudos can be properly incorporated without an occasional major re-rank. New pseudos are still, I believe, accorded a median position in the ranking. If there is no major re-rank, they will remain in a median position indefinitely. This would mean poor and lazy contributors who don't deserve to have their images high up the ranking will not be pushed down to the end of searches. Conversely, the talented contributors who work hard at their craft and their keywording would not get their due reward of a higher listing in each search. Unless Alamy have made a major underlying change to the way ranking works, without telling us,  surely a major re-ranking is inevitable, sooner or later?

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I can see where you are  coming from as there does seem to be fairly regular minor tweaks to ranking. However, they are minor and I don't see how newcomers or people creating new pseudos can be properly incorporated without an occasional major re-rank. New pseudos are still, I believe, accorded a median position in the ranking. If there is no major re-rank, they will remain in a median position indefinitely. This would mean poor and lazy contributors who don't deserve to have their images high up the ranking will not be pushed down to the end of searches. Conversely, the talented contributors who work hard at their craft and their keywording would not get their due reward of a higher listing in each search. Unless Alamy have made a major underlying change to the way ranking works, without telling us,  surely a major re-ranking is inevitable, sooner or later?

I suspect that new contributors/individuals would be a special case and looked at on a regular basis to see how they are in the ranking, after had the median rank to begin with, and moved manually up or down according to how they are performing for a fixed period. Then I would expect the system to continue the ranking for them as for everyone else.

Unless, as you say, the new system is even better tan we are imagining.

Allan

No real change for me

Kumar

Been watching my "BHZ" image and it appears to be moving up and down in the ranking in time with my "CTR" going up and down as well.

But you all knew that didn't you?

Allan

My BHZ image dropped dozens of pages in december last year. But sales average and zooms the same or up.

So I am not bothered anymore.

Perry

52 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Been watching my "BHZ" image and it appears to be moving up and down in the ranking in time with my "CTR" going up and down as well.

But you all knew that didn't you?

Allan

Actually no. And that is an interesting observation, because mine don't go up and down. Apart from that hiccup Thursday last week. But my CTR while pretty steady now, a while back looked like the alps. So maybe it's recent.

wim