Blackpool Meet-Up

5 hours ago, MDM said:

And you haven't mentioned the date Allan - it's Feb 6th at noon.

I was leaving it till early in the New Year so we could get the Christmas and New Year celebrations/festivities over with first before the date would be forgotten and a reminder had to be sent out.

Ahh! Well!

I will start a new thread with all the details and bump it up should the need arise.

Allan

Sorry about this post but you could blame it on MDM.:)

ITMA

In answer to MDM's last post I too hope you get some people along. Wish I could be there.:(

ITMAA

Just now, Allan Bell said:

I was leaving it till early in the New Year so we could get the Christmas and New Year celebrations/festivities over with first before the date would be forgotten and a reminder had to be sent out.

Ahh! Well!

I will start a new thread with all the details and bump it up should the need arise.

Allan

Sorry about this post but you could blame it on MDM.:)

ITMA

That's it Allan. Blame the Irish for everything.:lol:  Outahere before I incur the wrath of the Col.

Just now, MDM said:

That's it Allan. Blame the Irish for everything.:lol:  Outahere before I incur the wrath of the Col.

Did not mention nationality and won't do after my last rollicking.:o

Allan

3 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

Are you sure he's Irish? And, are your certain he's a Colonel? :)

I was blaming MDM in my last but one post above for having to post it in reply to MDM.

Allan

2 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

Are you sure he's Irish? And, are your certain he's a Colonel? :)

No I was referring to myself :). I know he's English living in Ireland, you are also English (British at least) with Irish Norman ancestry (which we seemingly share). He may well be a Colonel but probably not. And I was teasing my friend Allan whose knowledge of Ireland and Irish history is demonstrably a little lacking at times. This is more confusing than the B word itself. 

Have a good trip Andy (the Colonel). 

5 minutes ago, MDM said:

No I was referring to myself :). I know he's English living in Ireland, you are also English (British at least) with Irish Norman ancestry (which we seemingly share). He may well be a Colonel but probably not. And I was teasing my friend Allan whose knowledge of Ireland and Irish history is demonstrably a little lacking at times. This is more confusing than the B word itself. 

Have a good trip Andy (the Colonel). 

I was teasing, you, too. My Irish Normandy Ancestry, which surfaced in Limerick about 1822 - nearly half past six - tells me that I'll never get rich, and certainly not with Alamy. My surname ('as gaeilge' - in Irish) is 'de Poer' which translates to...The Poor!  

55 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

I was teasing, you, too. My Irish Normandy Ancestry, which surfaced in Limerick about 1822 - nearly half past six - tells me that I'll never get rich, and certainly not with Alamy. My surname ('as gaeilge' - in Irish) is 'de Poer' which translates to...The Poor!  

The curse of the Powers. Just look at Paddy Power for example. Not a penny to his name I bet :D. Sorry Col - really leaving this time.  

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

Today's the day for the Alamy meet-up.  Keith, are you still able to make it?  If anyone else is at a loose end, join me in The Hive coffee shop at midday.

Sorry , I won't be able to make it today as I have family visiting here. It's all been a bit uncertain as I mentioned before so apologies for the late response.

Keith 

49 minutes ago, Keith Douglas said:

Sorry , I won't be able to make it today as I have family visiting here. It's all been a bit uncertain as I mentioned before so apologies for the late response.

Keith 

No problem Keith, enjoy the wedding. 

Archived