Blackpool Meet-Up

Just like I did in 2016, I'm off to Blackpool again for Christmas this year, which means it's a perfect time for a meet-up for any Alamy heads in the area.  I'll be there from 22nd to 29th December so I think Thursday 27th would be a good day.  Anyone up for it?

8 hours ago, Steve Valentia said:

Hope it goes well Andy. Sorry we didn't get to meet when I was returning through Cork recently. I had an accident and cracked a couple of ribs, so needed to get home PDQ. Hopefully we can re-arrange in the not-too-distant future.

Oh crap, hope you're OK?  I did wonder what had happened to you.  We'll definitely arrange something soon.

I would love to be there Andy but life will not let me. Sorry as I would like to meet you.

Did send a messages to Keith who lives in that area advising him of your thread but not heard back, and he obviously has not commented on the thread yet.

Allan

11 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I would love to be there Andy but life will not let me. Sorry as I would like to meet you.

Did send a messages to Keith who lives in that area advising him of your thread but not heard back, and he obviously has not commented on the thread yet.

Allan

Such a shame, Allan, but I'm aware of the distance problems.  I'm sure our paths will cross at some stage in the future. :)

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Such a shame, Allan, but I'm aware of the distance problems.  I'm sure our paths will cross at some stage in the future. :)

It is not the distance that holds me back and I would be there if not for other things in my and someone else's lives which I will not go into here.:(

Allan

You never know I might even come to Eire one day and visit the island of Valentia while I am there.:)

ITMA

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

It is not the distance that holds me back and I would be there if not for other things in my and someone else's lives which I will not go into here.:(

Allan

You never know I might even come to Eire one day and visit the island of Valentia while I am there.:)

ITMA

Oh, I see.  I'm sorry - hope things get sorted soon.  If you can get yourself over to West Cork, you can stay at my place - I do Airbnb (free to you, of course!).  Make it happen!

38 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Oh, I see.  I'm sorry - hope things get sorted soon.  If you can get yourself over to West Cork, you can stay at my place - I do Airbnb (free to you, of course!).  Make it happen!

Hey, that’s an idea! An Alamy exclusive Airbnb where Alamy contributors could offer free beds to other Alamy contributors.

Who is up for starting a thread?

1 hour ago, Thyrsis said:

Hey, that’s an idea! An Alamy exclusive Airbnb where Alamy contributors could offer free beds to other Alamy contributors.

Who is up for starting a thread?

Ah, not sure it could be totally free - there are costs involved in hosting.  If you want to see my place, go into Airbnb and search for 'King Room with a View' in Ireland.

44 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

Andy's place is a great Airbnb and fantastic views of the west cork countryside, I fully recommend it. The pubs a bit of a walk though:D

Thanks, Andy.  The pub is a hell of a walk!

I'm not too far from Blackpool - just up the coast near Morecambe, so it's a possibility for a meet up. Our Xmas plans are in a state of flux at the moment, so let's get in touch again in mid December.

Any others from North Lancashire interested in meeting up? I was involved in regular Alamy member meetups (about every 3 or 4 months) in Cambridge and it was very successful. Having recently moved up North it would be good to get something going in this area.

Keith

10 hours ago, Keith Douglas said:

I'm not too far from Blackpool - just up the coast near Morecambe, so it's a possibility for a meet up. Our Xmas plans are in a state of flux at the moment, so let's get in touch again in mid December.

Any others from North Lancashire interested in meeting up? I was involved in regular Alamy member meetups (about every 3 or 4 months) in Cambridge and it was very successful. Having recently moved up North it would be good to get something going in this area.

Keith

It would be brill if you could make it!  We'll chat again next month.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Keith Douglas said:

Hi Andy

Still unsure of our Xmas plans, but think that I will be around some time between 27 and 30 Dec. Sorry I can't be more specific. 

Keith

I'm in Blackpool from 22nd to 29th, so any of those days, apart from the 25th as I'm going to Coventry for me Chrimbo dinner!  Let me know when you know, Keith.

3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Anyone else interested in this contributors meet up?  I'll wager there will be big discussions about current Alamy affairs...!

Hope you get some interested parties soon.

Allan

The next Cambridge meet will be early Feb. Guess what subject our time will be taken by.:blink:

ITMA

On 12/17/2018 at 17:11, Allan Bell said:

Allan

The next Cambridge meet will be early Feb. Guess what subject our time will be taken by.:blink:

ITMA

So do I, Allan, it would be great to meet some contribs as I don't get over to the UK very often.  The next time will be in March, for the Photo Show at the NEC.

On 17/12/2018 at 17:11, Allan Bell said:

Allan

ITMA

Is there still someone from Alamy coming - we can book a table exclusively for them.

If they are intending to send somebody, I would suggest a female staff member for a few reasons:

1. Given the exclusively all male attendance to date (except for my wife who happened to be with me in Cambridge on one occasion), a female would be more than welcome in an attempt to balance things out.

2. Old fashioned chivalry - the putative she would be less likely to experience hostility.

And you haven't mentioned the date Allan - it's Feb 6th at noon. All are welcome including former and current Oxfordians alike i.e. Ed and the Alamites - sounds like a country band from Texas :)

And Ed if you are in a travelling mood, then you could actually fly return from Sevilla to Stansted (a short train ride from Cambridge) for a mere 36 euro at that time. You would be most welcome if you have the energy for the journey,

2 hours ago, MDM said:

Is there still someone from Alamy coming - we can book a table exclusively for them.

If they are intending to send somebody, I would suggest a female staff member for a few reasons:

1. Given the exclusively all male attendance to date (except for my wife who happened to be with me in Cambridge on one occasion), a female would be more than welcome in an attempt to balance things out.

2. Old fashioned chivalry - the putative she would be less likely to experience hostility.

And you haven't mentioned the date Allan - it's Feb 6th at noon. All are welcome including former and current Oxfordians alike i.e. Ed and the Alamites - sounds like a country band from Texas :)

And Ed if you are in a travelling mood, then you could actually fly return from Sevilla to Stansted (a short train ride from Cambridge) for a mere 36 euro at that time. You would be most welcome if you have the energy for the journey,

We can't commit to the gender of who will be attending (not sure that really matters!?) but will do our best to try and get someone from the team to join you if time allows. 

Failing that we will be at the Photography Show again in March at the NEC so hope to see you there as well.

Best,

Alamy

16 minutes ago, Alamy said:

We can't commit to the gender of who will be attending (not sure that really matters!?) but will do our best to try and get someone from the team to join you if time allows. 

Failing that we will be at the Photography Show again in March at the NEC so hope to see you there as well.

Best,

Alamy

Great. I wasn't at all serious about the gender thing I should add :)

Archived