Avpics

Images Sold in November (one per day per contributor)

Tough choice, 4 sales today, could be a record!

I'll go with the most recent, only a mile from me. Presentation/newsletters :wacko:

M9RFP1.jpg

One of my favourite images from recent years and not easy to capture well. Sold this morning: Worldwide Editorial Usage, General business services, any size for 5 years (1 month) in Poland, Web. $3.12. You have GOT to be kidding me! Come on Alamy have some respect for your photographers!

KJWFR8.jpg

Edited by Steve Valentia
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Steve Valentia said:

One of my favourite images from recent years and not easy to capture well. Sold this morning: Worldwide Editorial Usage, General business services, any size for 5 years (1 month) in Poland, Web. $3.12. You have GOT to be kidding me! Come on Alamy have some respect for your photographers!

We all get them and you can opt out of distro.

Remember that thing about not quoting low prices?

Edited by spacecadet
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Remember that thing about not quoting low prices?

No, I don't. In fact I think it's good idea. These are OUR photos. The agent works for US.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

No, I don't. In fact I think it's good idea. These are OUR photos. The agent works for US.

It's been discussed many times. This is a public forum. Buyers can use it. Many of us reckon that it doesn't help to show how low prices can go.

I don't think anyone else on this thread has actually quoted a price. A licence category, yes, or a general level from which we can draw conclusions, but not the actual price. So apparently it's just you who thinks it's a good idea.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

So apparently it's just you who thinks it's a good idea.

That doesn't make me wrong. In fact, if buyers complain that Alamy are charging them too much, all they need to do is put up the "bulk purchase" rates. Also try reading some other posts here...you'll see I'm actually not the ONLY one who quotes low prices.

Edited by Steve Valentia
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

That doesn't make me wrong. Also try reading so other posts here before you become offensive with me...you'll see I'm actually not the ONLY one who quotes low prices.

You're right, there's one other on this thread but I did qualify my comment. I said I didn't think anyone else had done it.

But it doesn't make me wrong either. Nor the others here who don't quote low prices.

I'm sorry you've taken offence. It's difficult to know how to pitch a response to an outspoken comment

Edited by spacecadet

14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

You're right, there's one other on this thread but I did qualify my comment. I said I didn't think anyone else had done it.

But it doesn't make me wrong either. Nor the others here who don't quote low prices.

I'm sorry you've taken offence. It's difficult to know how to pitch a response to an outspoken comment

There's outspoken and there's attacking. I've amended my previous reply as I don't think you're the latter. But, you do seem to think that a majority opinion is the right one. Errr...Brexit referendum anyone??? (It's a joke).

Edited by Steve Valentia
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

There's outspoken and there's attacking. I've amended my previous reply as I don't think you're the latter. But, you do seem to think that a majority opinion is the right one. Errr...Brexit referendum anyone??? (It's a joke).

I've no idea if there's a majority or not. It just seems to me that there's some logic in the argument, so when someone does quote a low price, I may mention it.

Am I imagining that prices to UK newspapers have gone up recently?

FJM6R4.jpg

'The Yan', Visitor Centre, Grizedale Forest Park, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

the-yan-visitor-centre-grizedale-forest-park-lake-district-national-BJ1HBE.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 50,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 January 2019
End: 01 January 2024
Print run: Up to 30,000
$ 27.29

Mid $.

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 October 2018
End: 01 October 2023
Single placement and design, duration in perpetuity

AiiA Theater Tokyo; Shibuya, Tokyo, JapanStock Photo

F81XGG.jpgJust had this image come in for calendar use Little Moerton Hall in Cheshire

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

This one again, for the second time in a couple of months, searched by the brand name, zoomed and licensed the same day. Weird.

display-of-clarks-and-mephisto-brand-shoes-in-a-shop-window-toulouse-KH8116.jpg

Hereford Cathedral, Herefordshire, United KingdomStock Photo

Calendar

Hereford Cathedral, Herefordshire, United Kingdom

7 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

A brave Mute Swan taking on a Pit Bull.

Alan

D6A78A.jpg

Good picture which also leaves me feeling uneasy. Do you think the owner encouraged the confrontation?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A scan from Fujichrome

Single company - multiple use editorial only
Duration: Unlimited

a-cirque-du-soleil-circus-tightwire-walk

• Upvote 1

The Calgary Central Library, also known as the Calgary New Central Library (NCL)Stock PhotoFinally a sale!

$50.00 for magazine editorial (worldwide)

The new Calgary library BTW

Edited by Rico
  • Upvote 1

This sale just showed up, for Presentation use.   I never used to get sales on Saturdays, but now they're more common, and usually Personal Use. 

beautiful-winter-sunset-through-the-fog-