Avpics

Images Sold in November (one per day per contributor)

18 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

I picked up a tick once in the UK - totally freaked out and had to resist running to A&E.  I waited till the next morning and went to the emergency GP who happened to be an Australian locum.  I said you probably think I am overreacting and he looked at me and told me I had the most sensible reaction he had seen in Britain.  People need to learn that these critters are bad, bad, news, and take precautions.

Ticks are gross.   I spend lots of time in Canadian Rockies & pick up few every spring.   Couple of years back,  2 days after the hike morning coffee and absent-minded started pulling on small lump on my neck.   Pulled harder still not thinking won't come off, went to mirror and there he was.  Sucker was lodging in my neck >48 hours.   Needed tweezers to pull it out and it hurt.  Went to doc because it was in for such a long time, and despite assurances that "there is no Lyme in Alberta" had blood drawn and tested.

This spring after hike,  shower and I find it in my privates. I am a guy and it was right on, well can't get graphic in public forum, but you get the idea. How the hell did it get in there??? 

They are hard to kill and persistent.  Even if you shower it off your body down the drain it can swim back in.  Bottom line -- check yourself out thoroughly and if it started digging itself in don't throw it away, but put in small box and take to doc.  Easier to have tick tested against Lyme than to have your own blood drawn.

• Upvote 2

Kendal and the Lake District Fells. Kendal, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom Europe.

kendal-and-the-lake-district-fells-kendal-cumbria-england-united-kingdom-BM2BRC.jpg

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 27 November 2018
End: 27 November 2023
$ 12.39
  • Upvote 1

F7AM57.jpgJust had this come in, refugees arriving on the Island of Lesbos Greece,

• Upvote 1

Live News web use:

paddle-steamer-waverley-pulling-away-from-southend-pier-on-the-thames-estuary-with-passengers-heading-towards-london-space-for-copy-PT7DXA.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

the-golden-lion-of-england-sits-atop-a-p

Use in a mag. or book, 2,500 circulation.  A welcome serge after a three week hiatus.

A9W552 Parade Dawson City Yukon Territory Canada

Another one of those "A" number golden oldies that started to sell again, once I used the new improved AIM to clean up my keywording and switch this image from RM to RF-editorial

Royal Canadian Mounted Police lead the Discovery Day parade Dawson City Yukon Territory CanadaStock Photo

Railroad tracks in desert near Vicksburg Junction in western Arizona, USA  (Arizona and California Railroad).  Another A to add to Bill's -- taken Feb. 21, 2008.  The first time this one sold, although others in the series have sold before.  It also joins the rash of $15/7.50 direct sales that many others have reported.  This is my 4th such sale in the last two days.

Railroad tracks through desert near Vicksburg Junction Arizona - Stock Image

Upper $$ Media, design & publishing to the US

CE5PB2.jpg

• Like 1

Gravestone with Celtic cross and floral design. Kendal Cemetary, Parkside Road, Kendal, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

gravestone-with-celtic-cross-and-floral-design-kendal-cemetary-parkside-C85F1R.jpg

Usage: Advertising and promotion
Media: Advertorial
Industry sector: General business services
Print run: up to 25,000
Insert: 1
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 October 2018
End: 02 October 2018
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate
$ 28.44
  • Upvote 1

This was used in a UK online newspaper, in an article about the National Trust evicting an outdoor children's nursery from its base camp in the forest.

Wooded scene on Toys Hill in Kent, UK.Stock Photo

Wooded scene on Toys Hill in Kent, UK.

A couple of $$, travel marketing, repeat use for 10 years, put me over last year for revenue. Averages still well down.

Leonhardskirche, St. Leonard's church, Stuttgart, Baden-Wuerttemberg, GermanyStock PhotoExterior of Marché Victor Hugo, French market, 1959, by Lafitte & Génard, Toulouse, Haute-Garonne, Occitanie, FranceStock Photo

30 minutes ago, Shpg said:

Newbron baby green turtles …

Should that have been "newborn"? They certainly look new.

theresa-may-scarecrow-surrounded-by-european-union-flags-depicted-as-the-wicked-witch-of-brexit-in-a-front-garden-as-part-of-a-scarecrow-competition-for-halloween-PXJWYD.jpg

Very nice $$$ so there are still some decent licence fee's to be had.

• Upvote 2

Proper live news print/web $$$ from same event as above, and just the cost of shoe rubber and £2 for pier entrance at off-season rates:

paddle-steamer-waverley-approaching-southend-pier-on-the-thames-estuary-with-passengers-ready-to-disembark-and-to-collect-further-day-trippers-space-for-copy-PT7DR3.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Proper live news print/web $$$ from same event as above, and just the cost of shoe rubber and £2 for pier entrance at off-season rates:

What a pair of crackers.

6 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

What a pair of crackers.

Thank you very much. Being self-critical, they look a little over-lightened when viewed indoors being that they were edited out on the pier. The back lighting on the day was harsh so needed a bit of pushing.

8 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Thank you very much. Being self-critical, they look a little over-lightened when viewed indoors being that they were edited out on the pier. The back lighting on the day was harsh so needed a bit of pushing.

I wasn't going to mention that out of professional courtesy-  I might have pushed the highlight slider down a bit, but they'll jump off the page in print.

On 11/21/2018 at 16:20, spacecadet said:

Same details as my licence above- don't know what that website's about !

Hang on, yes I do

http://www.ng.hu/Tudomany/2018/09/16/Kutyaevekben-szamolva

National Geographic- cheapskates!

That's right, they are!  I can't blame them too much though: the prices are coming down fast.

An end of the month UK newspaper sale for $.

Entrance to Old George Mall shopping centre off of the High Street in Salisbury, Wiltshire, UKStock Photo

Edited by VbFolly

Nice $$$ sale dropped in this evening.  I took it leaning out of my upstairs bathroom window!
ballydehob-west-cork-ireland-24th-oct-2018-a-stunning-sunrise-over-west-cork-this-morning-as-the-day-is-set-to-be-dry-with-sunny-spells-temperatures-will-peak-between-11-to-15-celsius-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-PXRTB7.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 25 October 2018
End: 25 October 2023
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Colblimp said:
Nice $$$ sale dropped in this evening. 
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national

Very well done.

Do I read this right? $$$ paid by a UK newspaper? 

Didn't it used to be like $5? I did notice an increase in payments for UKNS recently but $$$?

Gen

Low $ sale to a UK magazine

DYARXY.jpg