Images Sold in November (one per day per contributor)

This is my first post & first ever sale.   Lower than expected payment  but as a first timer I will happily accept any sale.   It was just enough $ to get me a coffee although I will probably have to wait until I sell quiet a few more before receiving a payment.  Hopefully I will have more sales in the future - a meal with my coffee would be great.  

Usage was to the UK for worldwide editorial usage - One use in a single editorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. 

kuterevo-bear-refuge-lika-croatia-a-sanc

Licensed for German editorial media, 1 page inside, print run up to 5000. Via distributor. I took this just over a year ago at Felixstowe in Suffolk and loaded to Alamy as a news/ weather image. I guess this is a “normal” sale given the 12 months time lapse.

port-of-felixstowe-suffolk-uk-6th-novemb

El Cabo Wind Farm in east central (between Willard and Encino) New Mexico, USA.  From what I could find online, the blades sweep an area 114 meters in diameter, the hub height is 95 meters, and the power rating 2.1 Megawatts.  The design of the farm calls for 142 of these turbines for a total of 298 Megawatts.  Note the stairs at the base of the near tower.

A high $$ gross sale,  but after distributor commission not so great net.

wind-turbines-at-el-cabo-wind-farm-torrance-county-in-eastern-new-M88KWH.jpg

Drought broke yesterday with one, and another today. Lowish $$ direct sale

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 27 November 2018
End: 27 November 2023

old-glory-goby-koumansetta-rainfordi-also-known-as-court-jester-goby-and-rainfords-goby-MC40M0.jpg

I cut this hike short when I saw a coyote since the path is very narrow and not well-travelled and I was alone. It was the only shot I took. Glad it has paid off. This is the third time this photo (taken in 2015) has been licensed - decent $$ considering it was to a UK newspaper - had one good $$$ sale to a magazine too. Ironically, these little suckers are scarier than coyotes. One got me when I was out taking photos for a class at ICP (the International Center for Photography) back in the 1980's. Good thing the experience (sick for over a year, had to be on IV antibiotics) didn't diminish my enthusiasm for photography. 

deer-tick-warning-poster-sign-notice-posted-on-a-hiking-trail-path-F598T6.jpg

'Scallop' sculpture by Maggi Hambling. Aldeburgh, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

scallop-sculpture-by-maggi-hambling-aldeburgh-suffolk-england-united-DA1DY1.jpg

Usage: Corporate client. Wall Décor. Any size. Any placement. Single Design only.
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Start: 26 November 2018
Duration: In perpetuity
$ 24.81

4 hours ago, Marianne said:

I cut this hike short when I saw a coyote since the path is very narrow and not well-travelled and I was alone. It was the only shot I took. Glad it has paid off. This is the third time this photo (taken in 2015) has been licensed - decent $$ considering it was to a UK newspaper - had one good $$$ sale to a magazine too. Ironically, these little suckers are scarier than coyotes. One got me when I was out taking photos for a class at ICP (the International Center for Photography) back in the 1980's. Good thing the experience (sick for over a year, had to be on IV antibiotics) didn't diminish my enthusiasm for photography. 

I picked up a tick once in the UK - totally freaked out and had to resist running to A&E.  I waited till the next morning and went to the emergency GP who happened to be an Australian locum.  I said you probably think I am overreacting and he looked at me and told me I had the most sensible reaction he had seen in Britain.  People need to learn that these critters are bad, bad, news, and take precautions.

5 hours ago, Marianne said:

I'm glad that they illustrate the actual size of the tick in case anyone assumes it is the larger image, otherwise a flame-thrower may have become standard kit when walking in the wilds.

18 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

I picked up a tick once in the UK - totally freaked out and had to resist running to A&E.  I waited till the next morning and went to the emergency GP who happened to be an Australian locum.  I said you probably think I am overreacting and he looked at me and told me I had the most sensible reaction he had seen in Britain.  People need to learn that these critters are bad, bad, news, and take precautions.

Ticks are gross.   I spend lots of time in Canadian Rockies & pick up few every spring.   Couple of years back,  2 days after the hike morning coffee and absent-minded started pulling on small lump on my neck.   Pulled harder still not thinking won't come off, went to mirror and there he was.  Sucker was lodging in my neck >48 hours.   Needed tweezers to pull it out and it hurt.  Went to doc because it was in for such a long time, and despite assurances that "there is no Lyme in Alberta" had blood drawn and tested.

This spring after hike,  shower and I find it in my privates. I am a guy and it was right on, well can't get graphic in public forum, but you get the idea. How the hell did it get in there??? 

They are hard to kill and persistent.  Even if you shower it off your body down the drain it can swim back in.  Bottom line -- check yourself out thoroughly and if it started digging itself in don't throw it away, but put in small box and take to doc.  Easier to have tick tested against Lyme than to have your own blood drawn.

Archived