Images Sold in November (one per day per contributor)

56 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

I've seen this this group before, maybe not the same camera angle.

51 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Really?!  Same day?  you weren't that guy pushing me out of the way? (joking ;):D).

Having shot it as Live NEWS, I can tell you that the (lowest ever) presentation price it just sold for was erm, disappointing.

I have definitely seen pictures of the "weighing of the Mayor" on here before - but probably not this exact shot

3 hours ago, PuffinsPictures said:

And it's my first sale on here, too!  Nice surprise and thank you to the buyer :)

A Common Eastern Bumble Bee feeds on a red aka Mexican sunflower at the popular Rosetta McClain Gardens near Toronto, Ontario.Stock Photo

I'm sure you will sell more. I enjoyed looking at your images.

Paulette

Just sold this for PU to US for $$. I don’t make many of my images available for PU, but sometimes I do for news events. I don’t even know who this couple are, but they attended the red carpet premiere of Outlaw King in Edinburgh.

vue-omni-leith-walk-edinburgh-scotland-u

EBP603.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 09 November 2018
End: 09 November 2023

Wath I do not understand is why yesterday I sold another PU for nearly the double price :mellow:

6 minutes ago, LSP said:

Quokka (Setonix brachyurus) eating fallen figs in the street, Rottnest Island, Western AustraliaStock Photo

Ever-popular quokka shot - same image sold for $$, refunded, then sold again for 10 cents cheaper.

I'd never even heard of that animal 'till you posted this! :o Now I've just gone through 10 minutes of Googling 'quokka' images and lots of "oohs", "aahs" and "cutes" ! :wub:

I'd be fighting for that 10¢!

They are engaging little critters and not clever enough to be worried about humans, which is why they are nearly extinct on mainland Australia. On Rottnest Island however they do well as there are no introduced predators and they have learned to raid the bins in the tourist accommodation:

Quokka (Setonix brachyurus) eating a banana peel that it has stolen from the bin in accommodation hut, RottnestStock Photo

3 hours ago, LSP said:

They are engaging little critters and not clever enough to be worried about humans, which is why they are nearly extinct on mainland Australia. On Rottnest Island however they do well as there are no introduced predators and they have learned to raid the bins in the tourist accommodation:

Quokka (Setonix brachyurus) eating a banana peel that it has stolen from the bin in accommodation hut, RottnestStock Photo

OK, I know it's not really smiling, but aww....

16 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

Wath I do not understand is why yesterday I sold another PU for nearly the double price :mellow:

I think the price is determined by the country in which it was sold.  I get various prices for PU.

Pearl

On 11/9/2018 at 17:18, Michael Ventura said:

A decent value sale $$$ for an educational poster in India.  Shot originally for U.S. magazine for a story on overprotecting kids.

editorial-only-over-protection-parenting

In India no less! Sounds like the November doldrums may be coming to an end. The mojo is working...

Your image makes me glad that I grew up a free-range kid (and survived). Thanks, Mom and Dad. B)

19 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Size doesn't matter with PU. Alamy apparently just delivers the high resolution file, no matter what size it happens to be. 

That is exactly why I have opted out of PU. I have some rather special pictures of David Bowie on Alamy and I sell these as Fine Art prints for decent money. So no way I want my hi rez files released into the wild!

Rolf

Archived