Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Could really do with some help with identifying  this huge fungi!PWDKTT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all 

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Parasol mushroom - edible and delicious - especially if not previously used as floor mat  :D

Macrolepiota procera

 

 

 

Foot was to give sense of scale! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A minor thing but when you're keywording, this is a fungus (actually the fruiting body of a fungus). "Fungi" is plural.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Russell Watkins said:

A minor thing but when you're keywording, this is a fungus (actually the fruiting body of a fungus). "Fungi" is plural.

Thanks,

will remember that when I do my caption and tags

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very grateful for help with ID oF fungus found in a Scottish woodland this Autumn, which seems to like to grow on dead silver birch tree trunks. Any ideas what it is? So many of the images on identification pages look the same.

fungus-gorwing-on-dead-birch-tree-trunk-

 

fungus-gorwing-on-dead-birch-tree-trunk-

 

fungus-gorwing-on-dead-birch-tree-trunk-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sally said:

I would be very grateful for help with ID oF fungus found in a Scottish woodland this Autumn, which seems to like to grow on dead silver birch tree trunks. Any ideas what it is? So many of the images on identification pages look the same.

fungus-gorwing-on-dead-birch-tree-trunk-

 

fungus-gorwing-on-dead-birch-tree-trunk-

 

fungus-gorwing-on-dead-birch-tree-trunk-

 

I think they are Fomitopsis betulina, commonly known as the birch polypore, birch bracket, or razor strop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VbFolly said:

 

I think they are Fomitopsis betulina, commonly known as the birch polypore, birch bracket, or razor strop.

That's great, thank you very much indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deleted

 

 

Edited by Martyn
Started new thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.